Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 ford focus zx3 and I was looking at the Venom Kit. I am adding a centerforce clutch, full high flow exaust; header, cat and cat back and FC ram air hood package. the block is stock with 40K. Is adding this kit a good idea? Is there more I should add first?
This is my every day car...
Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have asked this question before and got little response but i to was looking at this kit and was about a mouse click away from getting it but instead wound up spending 2500 bucks on a complete rebuild of my tranny with all the bells and wissles but now i have got a NX wet kit and its hooked up to a msd window switch i am very happy with it now i got to get some slicks to make the most of my lsd and nitrous and everything so anyways good luck

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think the Venom kit is a dry kit. Regardless of the computer module or not, I don't think I would trust a dry nitrous system on a returnless fuel car such as ours. I use NX, it's the best of the best.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I HAVE THE VENOM VCN 200 KIT ON MY 2001 ZETEC AND IT WORKED AMAZING IT IS VERY SAFE ALMOST TOO SAFE. IF IT SENSES THE ENGINE RUNNING LEAN IT AUTOMATICALLY STOPS SPRAYING, IF YOU HIT THE LIMITER I T STOPS SPRAYING. IT IS ALSO A WET KIT IT IS TIED INTO YOUR INJECTORS AND WHEN IT SPRAYS IT ALSO HOLD THE INJECTOR PULSE OPEN LONGER TO SPRAY MORE FUEL TO COMPENSATE FOR THE NOS. I HAD MINE SAT AT 39% AND START SPRAYING AT 3500 AND AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE. IT DYNOED AT 190.2 @TFW AND 171.2 FTQ ITS FASTEST TIMESLIP WAS A 14.19 @ 99.2 MPH WITH STREET TIRES. IT HAS SINCE BEEN RETIRED FOR MY 2.3L DURATEC THE ZETEC HAS 100,000 MILES ON IT NOW AND THE ENGINE RUNS FINE ITS JUST A WORK CAR NOW, STILL HAS THE KIT ON IT WITH ALL THE OTHER BASIC BOLT-ONS HAVE NEVER REPLACED A THING OTHERWISE BESIDES TIRES AND BRAKES. ALSO ANYBODY THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT NOS KNOWS THE VENOM KIT IS THE BEST OF THE BEST

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
thats the kit im going to get. im going to try and get major hp out of it.(150+) im getting a rebuilt engine and all so im not worried about that blowning up. i just want more info about it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks that is something to think about.
you aren't intrested in geting rid of the kit are you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I HAVE THE VENOM VCN 200 KIT ON MY 2001 ZETEC AND IT WORKED AMAZING IT IS VERY SAFE ALMOST TOO SAFE. IF IT SENSES THE ENGINE RUNNING LEAN IT AUTOMATICALLY STOPS SPRAYING, IF YOU HIT THE LIMITER I T STOPS SPRAYING. IT IS ALSO A WET KIT IT IS TIED INTO YOUR INJECTORS AND WHEN IT SPRAYS IT ALSO HOLD THE INJECTOR PULSE OPEN LONGER TO SPRAY MORE FUEL TO COMPENSATE FOR THE NOS. I HAD MINE SAT AT 39% AND START SPRAYING AT 3500 AND AT WIDE OPEN THROTTLE. IT DYNOED AT 190.2 @TFW AND 171.2 FTQ ITS FASTEST TIMESLIP WAS A 14.19 @ 99.2 MPH WITH STREET TIRES. IT HAS SINCE BEEN RETIRED FOR MY 2.3L DURATEC THE ZETEC HAS 100,000 MILES ON IT NOW AND THE ENGINE RUNS FINE ITS JUST A WORK CAR NOW, STILL HAS THE KIT ON IT WITH ALL THE OTHER BASIC BOLT-ONS HAVE NEVER REPLACED A THING OTHERWISE BESIDES TIRES AND BRAKES. ALSO ANYBODY THAT KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT NOS KNOWS THE VENOM KIT IS THE BEST OF THE BEST
....anyone who knows anyting about NOS knows the venom kit is the best....
, you do understand NOS and VENOM are two seperate nitrous companys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts