Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im drivin down the new jersey turnpike not really racin but just flyin by traffic alongside a cobra mustang and a 98ish eclipse. When out of nowhere this silver focus with a wings west avenger kit comes flyin down the highway.

We were goin 80 and he passed us like we were stopped, but his damn muffler was so loud i couldnt hear my car stereo, and i am one of the people who listen to it on full blast.

I did have the windows down, but even so.

Sorry, i just hate when people put can mufflers on a focus, and especially its an extremely loud lawnmower one. Hell the eclipse had a can muffler and sounded less ricey than the focus.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
Big boost JRSC + FS Longtube + no cat + magnaflow muffler/no resonator + dual 4.5" tips = ear bleeding.

man, i remember when we first had that set up, it was embarassing. You'd get on it and could hear it blocks away. And when we dynoed it, OMG..... might as well just go open header. We added a resonator, much, much better....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats all fine, but you didnt have a lame ebay lookin can muffler lookin like it was gonna fall off your car makin all that noise.

It also sounded like he had it floored in 4th gear, cause it sounded like the engine was whining?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I dunno but i used to have just a pipe with a fart can going from the flex back. I thought it sounded nice at first but my friend informed that it sounded like ass. LOL SO i had him drive the car and i listened. I agreed and picked up a magnaflow system. Much quieter and nicer sounding. L8er Jon

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the borla, and it was quite loud, i sold it and got the magnaflow and no exhaust tickets and its nice and non ricey. I love it =)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Ah yes the ever popular Fart Can. But I like the sound of the one from Maganaflow. Sounds great.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
magnaflow all the way!!!
loooove it!

OperationTwilight: how often are you up on the turnpike? i live about 10 minutes off exit 3.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Big boost JRSC + FS Longtube + no cat + magnaflow muffler/no resonator + dual 4.5" tips = ear bleeding.

man, i remember when we first had that set up, it was embarassing. You'd get on it and could hear it blocks away. And when we dynoed it, OMG..... might as well just go open header. We added a resonator, much, much better....
Now do you remember Allan's car? The Sonic Blue Svt with a Euro rear bumper and the WRC wing. You said, "Damn, I thought my car was loud until I was stuck behind him for a few miles"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts