Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a quiet cat back exhaust system and I thought I found one in Focus Tuning. I called them and found out that they no longer make it cause it was too expensive.

Okay enough talking...Does anyone know of a cat back exhaust system that is quiet. I don't mind that "throaty" sound on a HONDA (my old SI was "throaty") but for some reason that image doesn't match my ZX3. So anyone have any suggestions or ideas where I can find one?? And of course how much is it??

Thanks!

·
Registered
222 Posts
focussport makes one to go with the race header that makes it very quiet.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Magnaflow, it's one of the quieter systems available and accomplishes it with only one muffler. If you want it even quieter than it already is then you can install a round resonator / muffler as an addition. Most other systems already have two or three mufflers / resonators and there's no room to add another. I have them on both our Foci and really love it, I had to add a second muffler to quiet mine back down after I installed the race header.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just had a cat back installed i think is gr8....nice deep throaty sound when excellarating..but up to speed it mellows out nice and quiet.
i got a magnaflow 6 inch. round. turbo free flow muffler with a raptor tip on it.
it set me back all of 268 dollars.
at idle you cant even tell it is there and is smooth sounding..not high and ricey at all....hope that helps

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by icemanZX3:
I have the HKS Hyper system and it is pretty dang quiet!

Well not mine anyway..no cat.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why no cat, race header? I have the their cat-back and I'm thinking of adding a FS race header. I've been wondering how much louder it would be.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I have the FC off road pipe. its louder, but its a sweet louder...not a "GOD, MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!" loud.

I also plan on ditching the ORP and getting the FS race header to go along with my HKS system and FS flex pipe.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zx3ford:
Or you could go with a Thermal.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Devon that's just mean man
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">why's that mean? I have a thermal and I love it. I don't think I'd give it up for anything else because of the sound it produces.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by icemanZX3:
I have the FC off road pipe. its louder, but its a sweet louder...not a "GOD, MY EARS ARE BLEEDING!!" loud.

I also plan on ditching the ORP and getting the FS race header to go along with my HKS system and FS flex pipe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

The ORP just replaced the cat, right? You still have a stock exhaust manifold but no cat and the HKS?

The thing is, I want to keep it quiet, but with the bark a header has. Ya, cake and ice cream.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Magnaflow all the way baby...i barely know its there, even under hard acceleration i think i can hear my aem shorty over the exhaust...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would go with the APEXi. I have that one and it's really quite and mellow toned. Just my opinion.

----------------
2000 ZX3 Autumn Orange, Focus Sport Strut bar, Venom Control Module, AEM CAI, Focus Central Pulley Kit, APEXi exhuast, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Adjustables, Nitrous Express 50 shot w/purge kit, 17" Konig Verdicts w/ Yokohama Parada Spec 2's.

·
Registered
593 Posts
In addition to the advertised MBRP system (which is quieter than it used to be BTW) there is IN ADDITION to that an UN-advertised "quiet" set up for a small additional cost.

Same everything except the resonator I believe but still maintains something like 98% of the flow. Again it is NOT advertised phone the shop for more info.

G

·
0 Posts
Apex-i, It's been in my car in day 3 and I love it
The tip is slightly hidden under the rear xenon apron

=dRe=

1 - 20 of 25 Posts