Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which one dyno\'s more hp/tq

The AEM cold air against the iceman cold air.

I was just on the drag part of this website and was looking at peoples times. Iam now thinking I made a mistake at buying the AEM.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: Does anyone know which one dyno\'s more hp/tq

I believe the iceman will give you more low end torque, at a cost of lesser gains at higher RPMs, and the AEM will do the exact opposite, torque less in exchange for HP up high.

Josh

·
Registered
2,226 Posts

I know that the AEM looses torque in the low range, but gains more Hp in the top, and that Iceman has more torque low end, but doesn't have the gains of the AEM up top.

Edit: We posted the exact same information within 2 min of each other

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: dj_kurruption ]</p>

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by [email protected]:
Iam now thinking I made a mistake at buying the AEM.<hr></blockquote>

No way dude, I actually swapped my iceman out for an AEM CAI and I love it. Yes, there was a loss of torque but it's all about the high end RPM's

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

yep its about personal taste really...if you want more low end do the iceman if you want more top end do the AEM...I myself need some more low end...I got to much high end then I care for...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

yea but thats on a dyno...take the aem for daily driving with the hood closed and the engine heat...and the ice-man will have more power...also with the ice-man u will get much better numbers being able to team it with the 70mm pro flow...oh and the ice-mans piping...IS MUCH larger in dia. ice-man 1 aem cai 0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts