Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just an experience here where I live,

some SVT owner, don't know him, started telling a buddy of mine how stupid I was for buying a normal ZX3 and not a SVT and putting money into mods and that it will never compare to a stock SVT with whatever additions I do to it.

now my friend doesn't know him either and this guy just asked him if he knew who owned the focus with the stupid body kit (EVO btw) that was parked next to his (my buddys) car.

we were both parked outside in the "cool cars" area outside the actual car show this past weekend.

Both of us were judges for this event which featured more classic cars and what not then sport compacts.

but it just kinda peeves me off that some guy thinkgs the SVT is way better and that I'm such a dumbass for buying stuff for my car cuz it will never even compare to a stock svt.

maybe its just the mentality around here

·
Registered
298 Posts
well, the dumbass svt owner has obviously never been on the jet and has never hung out with any other foci. I've only been to one g2g and I was impressed by all the foci.

SVT 0wnz j00! j/k

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
There are some SVTF owners that seem to feel like they're now driving God's gift to the Focus community.
But then again, there are probably just as many, if not more, ZX3 owners that constantly have to bring up the fact that with the $5k difference they could go/handle a lot better with aftermarket products. Both are just st00pid arguements and do not address the reason each person bought what they did.

Anyway you look at it, "its still just a Focus".

[ 04-21-2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: SlickShoes ]

·
Registered
189 Posts
some people just like looking down on others...and they'll use any little bit of leverage in an attempt to make themsevles feel better.

as a svt contour owner i was witness to some users on the contour.org board that acted pretty dumb back in the day. most of us svt contour owners knew our place...nice car, but in the grand scheme of things, it was a piece of crap...not some amazing supercar. but someone started bad criticizing other contour owners and made all the svt owners look bad.

just because you had a bad experience with one svt owner, don't lump all svt owners together. i'm sure most svt focus owners aren't so delusional about what they're driving.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
easily 80% of them r ****y...gets rather annoying...just cause there car say's svt..we r peasents to them...mm k..but as slick says...in the end, its still a focus.

·
Registered
139 Posts
One SVT owner doesn't speak for all, as some have said the "mentality" can go both ways. I was wondering if a Focus was worthy of the "cool car" area, guess they were.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
What color was his SVT John?

If it was electric blue, he lives near me and is a prick. His SVT is nice though.

If it was black, I dunno who he is, but he's a prick and can't drive. I've seen one guy almost wrap himself up a couple times now. He thinks it's an F1 car or something.

There's another guy from the Jet in town with a black one as well. I would hope it wasn't him, but who knows.

EDIT: Yeah that guy ^

Man did you look at the "cool car" area? When I was there I could have parked in there it was so bad. Hell I could have parked my brother's 82 Jetta there and said it was an antique or something

[ 04-21-2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Honkeytonk Monkey ]

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
we got acouple of those svt clowns in nor cal

havent ever met them yet but it will be one hell of a welcome when we do meet

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
its all good...im just ****y right back at em...

SVT what? youre faster then me who? I just have a ****ty regular zx3 with only 100hp over the SVT and 150ft/lb of torque..no biggie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Zx3, Zx5, SVT who cares? You guys know that sedans are the class of the Foci world.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
The true SVT owner wouldn't put down another its other siblings. Sounds like the individual is just bragging because he has instant status for owning an SVT vehicle. Just because he spent $30K on the primo model makes him automatically better than you...yeah, right.

To each his own, I suppose. Just don't let sour the mood. Not all SVT owners are bad. I'm sure there are countless stories on Ford Truck World and Mustang forums of scenarios like this.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are some SVTF owners whom may think like that but there are also ZX3 owners whom come off as arrogant (in my mind jealous).
It is probably not that many people altogether.
Just remember, when you drive a car that is considered so adept (in performance), you do get a lot of "challengers" out there and it's hard not to be somewhat ****y.

G

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by New_ZTS_Guy:
Zx3, Zx5, SVT who cares? You guys know that sedans are the class of the Foci world.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Damn Skippy!!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
What color was his SVT John?

If it was electric blue, he lives near me and is a prick. His SVT is nice though.

If it was black, I dunno who he is, but he's a prick and can't drive. I've seen one guy almost wrap himself up a couple times now. He thinks it's an F1 car or something.

There's another guy from the Jet in town with a black one as well. I would hope it wasn't him, but who knows.

EDIT: Yeah that guy ^

Man did you look at the "cool car" area? When I was there I could have parked in there it was so bad. Hell I could have parked my brother's 82 Jetta there and said it was an antique or something
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">actually was a blue one...i think...again I wasn't there when the retard was saying this to my buddy.
I don't mind ppl saying s**t about my car because its either one of two things.....stupidity or jealousy...so I really can't care about the things they say to my face.

can't wait till next years show, I'm either gonna be finished or be a judge again.

I just can't get over how ppl think that the SVT's are better in this city, oh and the ppl that have the old civic SIR's...they don't call them civics, they call them SIR's because they have the USDM B16A engine.... like f**k its a civic, nothing special except the motor....oh and that AWESOME sticker that adds 5whp

1 - 20 of 35 Posts