Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done at least a dozen dealer searches in NY for a manual 2.3l, but can't find a single one. Everything seems to be Automatic.


2nd - How inflexible would dealers be with pricing on the 2.3? Considering its a new model?



(wishes Mandarin Copper was available with the Hatch
)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
IIRC the 2.3 is available with the manual tranny. as far as what kind of deal you'd get on one, i'd say you've got a pretty good chance. the superiority that the 2.3L duratech displays when compared to the 2.0 zetec will not be enough to banish the bad rap the focus has gotten over the years. ford will be dealing. besides, most people buying the focus could probably care less about the new engine (even though you and i care very much
). i'd say you'd have to be a complete wuss if you don't get one for a good deal less than MSRP. have fun shopping!


[ 04-29-2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: spike ]
 

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
Joined
·
30,267 Posts
There are tons of 2.3L 5 speeds in California... I even found a dealer in Santa Cruz that showed every ZX3 in stock was a 2.3L 5 speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
There are tons of 2.3L 5 speeds in California... I even found a dealer in Santa Cruz that showed every ZX3 in stock was a 2.3L 5 speed.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">correct me if i'm wrong but i am under the impression that you can no longer purchase a zetec equiped focus in cali. it's either the spi or a duratech (tough choice, huh?).
 

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
Joined
·
30,267 Posts
You are mostly correct... Except the SPI has been discontinued as well, so all 2003 Foci in stock are 2.3L Duratec... Even the Focus LX.

There are a few 2.0 Zetecs and SPIs still on the lot, but once they are gone, they are gone for good.

EDIT: Which is kind of cool for any racers that don't like hatchbacks... a 2.3L stripper LX with a 5 speed would make a worth little racecar.


[ 04-29-2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, so a Standard does exist.


Now all I need to do is learn how to drive one.
 

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
Joined
·
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by Ozmotear:
Now all I need to do is learn how to drive one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The MTX-75 is a fairly forgiving car to learn with. You'll be having a blast in no time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,949 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
a 2.3L stripper LX with a 5 speed would make a worth little racecar.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hmmmmmm.......maybe the wife's new car?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,350 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Ozmotear:
Now all I need to do is learn how to drive one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The MTX-75 is a fairly forgiving car to learn with. You'll be having a blast in no time.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What Omni says is true; I just taught my sister-in-law to drive stick on my car--she was doing pretty well after about 2 hours. She will be picking up her new Mustang Pony on Thursday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
EDIT: Which is kind of cool for any racers that don't like hatchbacks... a 2.3L stripper LX with a 5 speed would make a worth little racecar.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dayam!! I can just see this now... dragging against rednecks in their big mud swampin' trucks in a cheap little rental car - and kicking their ass!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,912 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
You are mostly correct... Except the SPI has been discontinued as well, so all 2003 Foci in stock are 2.3L Duratec... Even the Focus LX.

There are a few 2.0 Zetecs and SPIs still on the lot, but once they are gone, they are gone for good.

EDIT: Which is kind of cool for any racers that don't like hatchbacks... a 2.3L stripper LX with a 5 speed would make a worth little racecar.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">SPI and Zetec are still in production for 2003.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,296 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
The MTX-75 is a fairly forgiving car to learn with. You'll be having a blast in no time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thought the 2.3Ls got a new tranny? Or is it just a diffrent plate (is it called bellhousing in fwd?) that bolts up to the engine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,296 Posts
Originally posted by Jimmy:
SPI and Zetec are still in production for 2003.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They may be in production, but they aren't available in CA.
 

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
Joined
·
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by focusdchaos:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by OmniFocus:
The MTX-75 is a fairly forgiving car to learn with. You'll be having a blast in no time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thought the 2.3Ls got a new tranny? Or is it just a diffrent plate (is it called bellhousing in fwd?) that bolts up to the engine?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Same gearset, different case, and different F/D ratio.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top