Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm broke and cheap. I found this software called Street Dyno at http://www.tweecer.com/StreetDyno/

Well tonight I made two runs and got the following numbers.

140hp 133tq

I've got the following:

Iceman
Ported TB
Crower Stage II cams
Esslinger UDP
SHM 2.5" Exhaust

Do these sound like reasonable numbers? Obviously, I would like to get on a real dyno to compare these to but until then I want to see if I'm even close.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Those numbers kinda seem a little high to me. If those are acurate then I need to get some crowers stage 2's, and FAST.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by MTXZX3:
Those numbers kinda seem a little high to me. If those are acurate then I need to get some crowers stage 2's, and FAST.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If those cams were timed correctly, it is a possibility..I would say that with a set of cam gears, 140whp isn't that out of reach..

Josh

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Its about 10hp to high..maybe with a Race Header you can get those numbers..

·
Registered
411 Posts
spank,
That is WAY too high
Just because I know what it is like to drive a Focus with I/H/E 2.25"/UDP/TB and dyno at 114hp
then get a 2.5" exhaust and feel the power fade away.

I bet you would get close to 130hp at the wheels with those mods and the cams dialed in.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Originally posted by YelloZX3SA:
[QB]Focus with I/H/E 2.25"/UDP/TB and dyno at 114hp
QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You have problems then because my focus and one other in my club, totally stock ran 116hp on the dyno.

Those numbers seem a little high but not all that bad.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
its not impossible....hell bacon and others r at or above 135-140 (bacon-141 4 example) w/o cams, head, or chip.

GOOD JOB!!!!

-Ult

·
Registered
542 Posts
Read the first post again, Bacon has alot more mods than spankenstein does.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't think that was too terribly off. I know it seems big but putting that monster exhaust on made a HUGE difference in the car. Those crowers move a LOT of air. BTW, even with that big of a pipe the exhaust pulses are still very strong and very fast.

The first day I used it I was getting 145 - 150. I knew that was too high and looking at the wave file it wasn't as clean as it should be (dropped some triggers which could show more hp). I also had to play with the configs ALOT to get a clean graph.

I cleaned up the splitter and did the two runs yesterday. The waveform looks exactly like the sample provided by the author, I didn't adjust the triggers, just set the car ingo and got the 2 140/133 runs.

I did one in 1st and one in 2nd (it compensates). In the first gear run from 5900 - 6100 I drop over 10hp! It just goes straight down. I'm needing to investigate what that is exactly.

However, in the 2nd gear run I can clearly see the flutter where the EGR valve goes all weird between 2k and 3k.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
jeff,

think idk this by now? but like u do, spank has cams. cams r the brain of the engine and r a source of huge power gains. yeah its not only bacon, but others w/non-cam'd cars w/a decent # of bolt ons that r gettin up there. bacon's has stage 2 cams as well though...

...their sittin on his desk in his room lol.

again gj spank, keep up the good work, find some1 w/a gtech and borrow it 2 try and further confirm ur #s. good 2 c another person doin alot w/not that much. makes u wonder what all these guys 'in the field' know doesnt it?

-Ult

[ 09-25-2002, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm "hoping" to get a few dollars up to run on a real dyno. Then make some runs with this. If they are reasonably close (1-2hp like others have claimed) then I would feel validated in using this a a metric for MYSELF for modifications to my car. Also if I get everything clean enough I may just sell the votage splitter with instructions so that other people could do the same to save some money.

BTW this prints out actual graphs, and you can lay the graphs on top of each other. I learned about the software from a guy that tuned his turbo beretta using it and was 1hp off on a dyno jet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts