Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about taking the resenator box of and found this Ice Man Clone
does this mod really do anything?
sry dont really know anything about motors...so while I am at it, does anyone know any good URLs where you can read basics about motors?

thanks
OvE

·
Registered
408 Posts
I know a couple of people have done that mod. I don't know if they have felt anything, but with a K&N highflow drop-in and that mod you should get about the same gains as a CAI. You could probably benifit from getting a real CAI with a cone filter, but if you don't have the cash this will do for some time.

Go to www.howstuffworks.com to find out how engines, turbos, and just about anything else works.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response focus_on_speed

Awsome site you gave me!
Where can I find a K&N highflow drop-in?
Are you talking about this , or is that something else?

This site is gonna have me hooked all weekend

[ 03-14-2003, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: OvE ]

·
Registered
155 Posts
you can get a k&n drop in at jc whitney or myfordperformance.com retail $30. Or you could go all out and by a whole cai intake for 129.99. probly more horses and gives your car more agressive sound. But's that just my opinion. Buy a manual at any good auto parts store to learn more about your engine

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Here's what I like to suggest. Buy an SVT snorkel, cut a bigger hole in your airbox and fit it in there, do a search, lots of people have done it. The other option there is just to heat up the end and roll it to the form, but that restricts the air a little. Then take your old air intake snorkel and remove the plastice pieces. Remove your resonator, and attach the hose to the part that sticks out. It makes it easier if you make a little slit in the hose where you attach it screw it in, then twist and put another screw in. Love the way my car runs now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts