I read all the posts, and I don't think anyone
has discussed any potential negatives.
What are they?
What is the benefit of recycling the unburnt
fuel from one cylinder?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
removing it could cause problems with inspection, but if the cats still in place you should be good. sends cooler air into the combustion chamber

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
ok...well the exhaust gases also help prevent engine knock and allow for more advanced ignition timing too...

·
Registered
217 Posts
the only down fall that i am haveing is that my car does not want to idle till it starts to warm up so i am thinking that the combination of no egr and a cast aluminum intake manifold(my FR manifold) is the cause of this but all i got to do is hold the idle at like 1500 for about a minute or two and it runs fine. But this may not be a problem with the factory manifold.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i have posted a couple of times on what an egr does and how it works and why you need it do a search. btw i am planing to get rid of my egr as soon as i get a cat back that i can work with with the rest of my set up

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by zx3 focus racer:
i have posted a couple of times on what an egr does and how it works and why you need it do a search. btw i am planing to get rid of my egr as soon as i get a cat back that i can work with with the rest of my set up
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK smart guy, lets pretend for a moment that I didn't do a search.

If you actually read my post you'll notice
I asked what the downside is to removing it.
Keep your "do a search" comments to yourself n00b.

Anyone have any more input on what harm can come from removing the EGR?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just did it today and its one of the better mods I did to my car. It smooted out the idle somewhat but when you accelerate it just goes, theres no more of that slight hesitation when you first press the gas pedal and it just may be all in my head but it just seems alot smoother. Also it has yet to throw a CEL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts