Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having symptoms a lot like those of a bad DPFE...I've replaced the fuel pump under the recall, fuel filter, coil pack, plugs and wires, and the car certainly is better, but it still idles rough from time to time and does bog down a bit under load. Based on what I've read here and other places, I suspect the DPFE, and would like to have it changed...I remember reading at somewhere that Ford was changing these out for free since they know that they're crap, but wanted to know if this still applies? If not, I would just change it out myself, but need to know the average price for the part from the dealer. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
The sensor shouldn't be more than $50 CDN or $40 USD.

The "free DPFE" is under Ford's Program 02M01, and it will depend on whether Ford is covering your specific vehicle and if the previous owner has already replaced it. You will have to go into a Ford dealership to have your VIN pulled up to see if this repair was done, as well as if your specific vehicle applies. If it has been done and/or your vehicle does not apply, then you will have to pay for the repair.

It's fairly easy to do, plus in the Team Tech part, there's a post on replacement

1 - 2 of 2 Posts