Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this will be the second time this device is replaced. I will most likely be replaceing again in the near future, every 5-6 thousand miles, is there an aftermarket part for the DPFE Sensor?. The problem is the car in low rpm's going up hills and minor accelerating, or just toeing the gas in 3rd and 4th gears. The car would slightly vibrate. I was just wondering if there was an aftermarket device to replace this item so it does not happen agian?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Did your cel come on when this happened? And what were the other sysmptoms?

Thank you,
Terry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did the first time, the second time it did not, this time i know exactly what it is. Also every once in a while the car hesitated slightly.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
could someone educate me on exactly what this DPFE stands for? i've been seeing a lot of it.
go ahead. point and laugh.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had one of these go - and it feels like its going again. You notice it when your holding the power at a constant RPM going up hill or accelerating slowly - power feels like it bogs down real quick then comes back or like one of your cylindars dosent fire. ??? as long as the dealer keeps putting in free ones - i dont care to much. as far as i know it a common thing

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Originally posted by demonfire:
could someone educate me on exactly what this DPFE stands for? i've been seeing a lot of it.
go ahead. point and laugh.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No pointing or laughing. Delta Pressure Feedback Electronic. It is how the computer measure the EGR flow. IF the sensor is screwed up, it sends bogus info to the computer and it will mess up your EGR %. That will make the car stumble and surge (more than usual) at cruise. There is an updated part that appears on my 2002 wagon, and the dealer just put the same one on my 2001 ZX3 after the light cam on.

Best solution is a chip which deactivates the entire stupid system.

[ 09-15-2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: teamDFL ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by teamDFL:
No pointing or laughing. Delta Pressure Feedback Electronic. It is how the computer measure the EGR flow. IF the sensor is screwed up, it sends bogus info to the computer and it will mess up your EGR %. That will make the car stumble and surge (more than usual) at cruise. There is an updated part that appears on my 2002 wagon, and the dealer just put the same one on my 2001 ZX3 after the light cam on.

Best solution is a chip which deactivates the entire stupid system.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thx man. 'preciated.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Team DFL got it all right, except the name, sorry man, It actually stands for Delta Pressure Feedback of Exhaust.
Hope you don't mind my correcting you!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Originally posted by James W:
so what chip would replace this peice, a new ECU or what
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know the Diablo Sport chip can be programmed to remove the use of the EGR. I don't know if Superchips has a program for it though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have gotten this error and my sensor was and still is fine. My problem was that my catalytic converter was busted. So for all those who get this error, don't just assume that the sensor went bad and you just need a new one. (especially if you keep getting the cel because of it) You might want to check your cat to see if it's broken.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i'm on my 3rd sensor.. but after the last one went, i realized my cat was empty... and i've had no problems since then.

let the warranty cover it for as long as possible. the dpfe sensor is cheap so after warranty, you can replace it yourself and some members of focaljet work at dealers and will sell to you for "dealer cost." fyi.

·
Registered
770 Posts
wow... last submit was 9-16-2002, brought back from the dead 4-20-2006... I knew 420 did something to some peeps :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts