Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sad to report that four people have died in two separate crashes in the last week here in Houston.

What's worse, two of them were high school students.

Take it to a drag strip and keep yourself and others alive to enjoy another day.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by TbirdJayC:
They must have seen that SRT-4 promo...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Bad taste!
If you want to hold grudge against people who has different opinions than you do, do it in that thread. You would make yourself look better there than here.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Please huh...This is really getting rediculous with the daily obituaries. I come to this site to share and learn info about cars and modding. If it is someone that everyone knew and you want to memorialize them, than that is one thing, but these people that scan the papers everyday just to come up with the street-racing death of the day are really bumming me out, and need to invest in lives for themselves.

[ 04-29-2003, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: TbirdJayC ]

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
Please huh...This is really getting rediculous with the daily obituaries. I come to this site to share and learn info about cars and modding. If it is someone that everyone knew and you want to memorialize them, than that is one thing, but these people that scan the papers everyday just to come up with the street-racing death of the day are really bumming me out, and need to invest in lives for themselves.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Agreed!

[ 04-29-2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: EggYolk_Zetec_ZX3 ]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Agreed too! As Dirty Harry once said, "A man's got to know his limitations." If you don't know yours, your gonna get hurt or killed. Now where do we send the flowers?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
One more on your side TbirdJayC
. Opinions will be voiced. But when the subject is "Street Racing and how bad, blah blah blah death toll blah blah", IT GETS OLD.

·
Registered
190 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What are you talking about? I am not sure either you did not pay much attention before or something. Prior to the SRT-4 movie thread, people posts SR death regularly. I don't remember you "complaint" about this type of thread till after the SRT-4 thread.

Speaking of ridiculous, in the past 2 days, we have 5+ thread about SRT-4. Certain individuals still trying their best to talk people into "Neon is the best car in the world" by adding more threads. I see no end to this. Yet, I did not see you making any complaints about that either.

I can tell you that a lot of people here on the Jet read news over the Internet daily. If they come across something automotive related, the chance of them posting it is high. I just don't see why you have to jump down to the man's throat for. On top of everything, 4 people died and several of families are moruning their loss.

[ 04-29-2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: the6148 ]

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think it's worthwhile posting these kind of stories -- if only for the hope that only one person decides against street racing.

Driving on public roads is not the place to test your limitations!

Steve.

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Originally posted by EggYolk_Zetec_ZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by TbirdJayC:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Agreed!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">werd x2

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just to set the record straight - I have a life and I enjoy living it.

I don't scan the papers looking for deaths to report - it was front page news here because it is a problem and people are dying.

I just don't want a street racer to kill me or someone I know so I am voicing my dissent.

You don't like it - don't read it and don't get yourself all worked up by bothering to type a reply.

·
Registered
410 Posts
First of all, I have NO connection to Daimler Chrysler, nor any love for the SRT-4. I chose to post my opinion now because it seems every day i log onto this board, someone else posts the latest person that has died of street racing. I think it's morbid, and it's invasive. You might think that someones family touched by this would want to get the word out or whatever, but maybe they dont. Maybe to them it's not a political issue and they just want it to be forgotten. Then you go and post it on a webpage with 10,000+ people on it to read. If this board is so upstanding on street racing, then you are preaching to the choir anyway right? Besides, how do you even know any of these people were racing unless you were there? If in the worst case, noone survives, the cops are just making a judgement call. My buddies and I have done some stupid things in our cars that in no way involved racing, but could have easily gone terribly wrong, and be construed that way. In the (only slightly less then worst case) someone survives. Do you think staring at his dead friends, he is going to say to the cop "Gee officer, we were just racing" And before you attack me on that, it's not speculation, my uncle was in that exact situation. Stay focussed (no pun) on the good things people are doing with their cars. The boards stance on racing is out, we all know the drill, give the doom and gloom cloud a rest, and let these people be.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Originally posted by SDrodge:
I think it's worthwhile posting these kind of stories -- if only for the hope that only one person decides against street racing.

Driving on public roads is not the place to test your limitations!

Steve.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Exactly.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do I know these people were racing?

Well, in BOTH of these cases, the drivers of the other cars ADMITTED to the cops they were racing. It was supported by witnesses also.

In the case of the high school kids, the driver and passenger of the other car were so shook up by the event they had to have counseling to cope.

I don't have to witness a drag race to believe it is.

I have made some poor choices in my lfe in the past, like racing on the street, and only dumb luck separated me from the people who died in these accidents.

My hope, is that some will read these posts and make the correct choice and live another day.

AND, I believe it supports why Ron and the rest of the moderators made the decision to not allow street-racing posts in the first place.

So, you preach to your choir and I will preach to mine.

·
Registered
838 Posts
well here in detroit someone i know raced 2 times last week and didn't die or even come close to hurting anyone. they just had some good times

[ 05-01-2003, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: det_riot ]

·
Registered
838 Posts
It was actually a moment of enlightenment for him. Before that he thought every time someone street races they die. All because of what he read online

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has your friend ever thought that he's taking an avoidable and unnecessary risk not only regarding himself, but also users of public roads?

When will people understand?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Originally posted by det_riot:
It was actually a moment of enlightenment for him. Before that he thought every time someone street races they die. All because of what he read online
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yr not bright at all. really.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I like seeing these posts about the dangers of street racing. The more we can remind the idiots who continue to do it, that they are endangering not only their own lives, but the lives of innocent people around them, the better!

Last night on TV, a story of two people street racing, honda vs saleen mustang (don't ask).. the saleen decided to go on the opposite side of the street and immediately hit an oncoming VW killing the older woman driver. Of course this idiot is still alive!

Street racers need to get a clue! They are some of the most selfish people existing today. It is all about them and their need to rebel. So keep the stories coming, if it stops one person from street racing, it served it's purpose. TAKE IT TO THE DAMN TRACK!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts