Ford Focus Forum banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I believe we have 20 cars signed up for the event and more then half the HPDE1 group will be Foci (WTG).

Check the list... is there anyone I missed??

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just signed up for Saturday and Sunday. I am giddy with anticipation!! Here is my information:

Group HPDE 2

2 SVTOA events at Buttonwillow, 5 Streets of Willow events, 2 Big Willow track events, 1 California Speedway event.
I have taken the Barber Driving Experiece school including approximately 3 total hours of personal instruction by my man Allan Crockett.
I also participate in the Focus Challenge events through Redline Track Events.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
wallygator said:
Just signed up for Saturday and Sunday. I am giddy with anticipation!! Here is my information:

Group HPDE 2

2 SVTOA events at Buttonwillow, 5 Streets of Willow events, 2 Big Willow track events, 1 California Speedway event.
I have taken the Barber Driving Experiece school including approximately 3 total hours of personal instruction by my man Allan Crockett.
I also participate in the Focus Challenge events through Redline Track Events.
I think HPDE3 would have been fine with you.

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
Ted, I registered a either last week or the week before, you can bold my name on the first page, I'm Tyrone Minton

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
Ted, I got signed off on DE1 this weekend, but i'd still like an instructor at least for the first session of the day on saturday, but I should probably stay in DE1 at least on saturday to familiarize, then possibly move into DE2 on Sunday. Would that be a problem?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
chewbacca said:
Ted, I got signed off on DE1 this weekend, but i'd still like an instructor at least for the first session of the day on saturday, but I should probably stay in DE1 at least on saturday to familiarize, then possibly move into DE2 on Sunday. Would that be a problem?
You shouldn't have a problem with that.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
Updated List (2/5/07)

HPDE LIST

HPDE 1 & 2
Sleeperlove (Instructor)
RickB1321 (Instructor)
Egz (instructor)
Whayong (Instructor)
chewbacca (Instructor)
paulhaskew (Instructor)
brads03zx3 (Instructor)
tallguy2.3 (Instructor)
ladybuf (Instructor)
cmbZX3 (Instructor)
ms liggersnow (Instructor)
Spooky03 (Instructor)
Jefe (HPDE2)
ROUSHFOCUS
Lapp
focus_wrc

HPDE 3
belacyrf
Hermosillo
liggersnow
TheFrush
FocusAZ1
Wallygator

HPDE 4
MrTea

TT LIST
Ted7rns
scottishsvt
Dur232
F2Focus
FocusSport
slidemaster

BOLD has regester

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
if this is a first event for you, you'll be in HPDE1. crashes in the lower classes are uncommon but still possible if drivers don't act professionally or get out of control somehow. DE1 isn't a very fast class, as most of the people are beginners and have instructors riding along with them.

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
if I just wanted to beat the hell out of my car on the track or something similar to that I would have to take the HDPE course first?

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
yes. hpde is track time

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
so if I came and only wanted to hit the track on the first day I would be taking HDPE and be able to hit the track the first day?

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
yes. its not really a classroom thing. you will have to have an instructor with you on track but yes you will be on track

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
sleeperlove said:
yes. its not really a classroom thing. you will have to have an instructor with you on track but yes you will be on track
The instructor being with you on-track is accurate, but HPDE 1 is actually fairly classroom intensive. You'll have an extended classroom meeting (30-45 minutes)first thing in the morning on Saturday, and then you will have brief "download" sessions in the classroom after each track session to discuss it. Even in HPDE 1 though, you'll get more track time than you'll want in two days.

121 - 140 of 157 Posts