Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the svtf is real nice for araound town but in my "rears" opinion the car bites for the long haul.

i drove from disneyland to lake havasu (300miles one way) and was a wreck when i got there it passes well its handles the long drive nice but man its uncomfortable any way thats just my 2 cents

Still love the car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmmm..... maybe my arse is getting old!

Earlier this summer I did a Seattle, WA to Columbus, OH run, through Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore, etc.. 2700 miles, and I never once got stiff, sore or tired. I did put a small pillow behind my back for slightly more lumbar support. That musta been it!

~Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
thats strange i drove 1200 miles in my SVT three weeks ago and i felt great the whole way...i had to make myself pull over and stop because i was afraid i would get tired before i found a spot to stop .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did get out every so often. Not trying to pick at anyone just sayn that it wasnt that nice to sit in for that long i could only imagine it being worse with the seats i want to get.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The seat's fine for me, and I make long trips quite a lot. Prolly just body contour...everyone built different.

·
Registered
751 Posts
That's funny - my wife and I just drove 656 miles this past Tuesday, from home down to southern PA - I-90, I-79 and I-76 the way down, Route 219 (two lane, mostly, through the old coal towns) on the way back - no complaints here. We both remarked how comfortable the seats were. Hint - readjust the lumbar support and the backrest angle (slightly) every once in a while - gives the muscles a break.

Great passing power and really good grunt in sixth up the long hills, too. 30.5 mpg and great tunes on the system - a nice day, even though it rained.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Over the summer, I drove to Washington DC from Lansing, MI with my girlfriend and she kept passing out because she was so comfortable in my car. I have no complaints from the trip at all. My favorite part was in Pennsylvannia when I drove through the tunnel. Nothing sounds better then the 6th-2nd shift at 55mph in a long tunnel with all of your windows down.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sorry but I disagree. In July, I drove a 1040 mile day from Houston to central Iowa non-stop and got out of the car at the end of the day and was glad it was so comfortable. I drove a 985 mile day coming back.

Made the ride very enjoyable, if that's possible. Seat comfort, like anything else, is very subjective but the SVTF fits me to a "T"...

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Personally I find the seats in the SVTF very comfortable on short or long drives and you can adjust the seat bottom up or down,standard adjustable lumbar and adjust the seat back angle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah, I love my seats. I have taken it to the beach three times now, Atlanta once, and Jacksonville twice, and I am overall pretty pleased with the ergonomics of the car when taking long trips.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I love the seats too. I live near Sacramento and drive to LA and Seattle all the time. Always a fun and comfortable drive for me. Maybe it's the extra cusioning I have in that area
. I'm 6'2" 225 lbs. I'm sure weight and height of driver makes a difference

1 - 14 of 14 Posts