Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been dating a girl for about a month and a half now, and about a week ago, her and I were cruising around in her grandfathers NSX (one of his many exotic cars)which he is sick of, and just lets her drive most of the time, when she turned and asked if I wanted to drive it. Well I had no idea that this car with 290 hp could accelerate so fast, because ive never felt it riding with her because she cant hold on to it at WOT. Ive driven a friends mustang GT, and ridden in various years of Corvettes which none felt anything like this. I mean this thing is freakin incredible. Although its an auto, it still pulls so hard between shifts its nearly impossible to pull your head off the headrest. Needless to say, getting into the focus and driving back to my house after we put the NSX back into the garage, i felt something i never thought i would, my focus just wasnt making me happy lol...well fortunately that feeling has subsided and im now happy to drive the focus again...just thought i'd share my kick arse experience

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
{cough} overrated. lol jk, glad you had fun

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
overrated as it may be...its the fastest 4 wheeled experience ive had in my 18 years of life...lol

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
{cough} overrated.
*coughEspeciallyfor80kcough*

glad to see you had fun

·
Take a Bite of My Burrito!
3,139 Posts
I had my Buddie's(trueley a buisness partner, but considering the FJ pervs and the way they think..they'll think "Partner as in Gay")Back on the NSX...I had his car for almost 5 days and loved the damn thing stick shift too. I would definetly trade in 02 Smurf's(Lee) left nut for one.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 91 with 40k miles, he got it as a repo at an auction 9 years ago, he sure as hell didnt pay 80k for it. Everything about the car is amazing tho, but i admit, the $90,000 the tag asks for the new ones is completely rediculous. Im not looking to buy one, just drive one i have access to

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
I had my Buddie's(trueley a buisness partner, but considering the FJ pervs and the way they think..they'll think "Partner as in Gay")Back on the NSX...I had his car for almost 5 days and loved the damn thing stick shift too. I would definetly trade in 02 Smurf's(Lee) left nut for one.
Does that mean I'd have to trade in the right one for it?
I was quite fond of the left one....

·
3,139 Posts
Does that mean I'd have to trade in the right one for it?
I was quite fond of the left one....
Weren't they already pre-packaged in Hockey girls jar at home?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know if i'd go as far as trading a nut for the car, but if anyone has an NSX and needs a kidney, gimme a call.

·
3,139 Posts
I dont know if i'd go as far as trading a nut for the car, but if anyone has an NSX and needs a kidney, gimme a call.
I offered ti trade in LEE"S nut..not mine. besides the Wife won't let me take them outside unless she's with me.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
hope ya had fun, friend has a white 98 with 19s

its fun to drive, mainly because everyone who isn't a super car buff stops and gauks...but thats bout it, handles pretty good but it is begging for boost in every gear in my opinion, or for that matter, a bigger engine

but a fine looking car nonetheless

..but if i had that kind of money, i would buy a viper or porsche

-chris

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah, i dont care about the price, i didnt pay to drive it, just pointing out my good time, but if i was shopping for a new ride in that price range, sure as hell wouldnt be buying an NSX

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Well I had no idea that this car with 290 hp could accelerate so fast, because ive never felt it riding with her because she cant hold on to it at WOT. Ive driven a friends mustang GT, and ridden in various years of Corvettes which none felt anything like this... Although its an auto
lies...
Liiies....
<font color="red">LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIES!!!!!!! !!111111</font>

What physically pushes you into your seat is torque. NSX has none. Specifically 165ftlbs less peak torque than a Vette (and at most RPMs the gap is even bigger).

The auto also only has 250hp IIRC, which is even more panzy. But even just looking at HP, an NSX auto weighs only 16lbs less than a Corvette (for all practical purposes identical) but has 100 fewer peak ponies (or 60hp less if it had the 3.2l).

So... much... rage.... Must... lay... down....

PS: YOUR BUTT DYNO IS BROKEN!!!!!!! BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Easy hoss, i never once said it was faster than any corvette, i said it was a lot more fun to drive. I realize its not a muscle car, and its not the fastest car, but it was still a kick ass experience i thought i could share without critics like you ripping it apart, my bad for posting something i found exciting, wont happen again.

Im 18 and i dont have the money to put awesome mods in my car like a turbo, paying it off is hard enough, rarely do i get a chance to drive something with more than 130 hp. Im glad you took the time to negate all the nice comments i recieved with your post. I appreciate it

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
My bad.. I'm better now. I only saw you commenting on acceleration, so I thought you meant that in the comparison.

I still occasionally wake up in the middle of the night screaming after having flashbacks of that Top Gear episode where those limeys let an NSX beat a 400HP C6 in a drag race. I haven't fully recovered yet.

No doubt the NSX is still a very high performance vehicle and a joy to flog.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That episode definitely ticked me off as well. The NSX is definitely a well made vehicle, but it just cant touch any of the cars in its class.

·
Stoned Scorpion says, "GET OVER H.....OOhhh! Brown
11,972 Posts
That is so sweet. The NSX's are freakin amazing even tho its a honda!!!! Cool story dude

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I totally agree its not a car that can compete with its class, but its still a gorgeous and amazingly well made vehicle i had a great time driving. Im sure ill drive faster things in my life, but at 18 this was pretty damn cool

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
I still occasionally wake up in the middle of the night screaming after having flashbacks of that Top Gear episode where those limeys let an NSX beat a 400HP C6 in a drag race. I haven't fully recovered yet.
You know what would cure that? If you ... gave me... your corvette.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts