Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am getting ready to go take a test drive...

I have a dry nitrous kit, stock MAF and Stock injectors...

what would you n2o guru's say is a "safe" shot (we all know there is no such thing)

also, if I put 24lb injectors on w/ the stock MAF, that'd just cause me to run rich but the car will still function correct?

if the above comment is correct, what would be a "safe" shot w/ the 24lb injectors?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
First of all, you are correct, there is no safe shot when talking about a dry kit and not adding more fuel while spraying

My only advice is to run it through the MAF and run no more than 25shot. Its still not the greatest way to go but it should keep you out of trouble

·
Registered
659 Posts
I would say a 50 shot but I personally would not run a dry shot any ways "well personally I quit that nitrous stuff"

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
ps: you might run into trouble with that bigger maf because of the increased timing it will give you

if you do that, you are going to really need to make sure you are not detonating when spraying

I'd say leave the stock injectors/maf and just run the 25shot through the maf...obviously don'tspray it right on the maf...try and position it as far fro mthe maf as possible. Keep in mind though that because the nozzle will be so far from the t/b, a 25 shot jets may only give you 10hp, you are going to need to increase the jets until you get close to 25hp

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... I am spraying before the maf... it is spraying into the stock airbox pre-filter...

I started w/ the 25 jet... was great!
I moved th the 50 jet... was even better!
I moved to the 75 jet... was amazing for all of 3 seconds until I cooked a plug

so I guess a 50 shot it is

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
dude great kit, puts down amazing numbers from a stock focus.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Break a leg Kev but if you think the supercharger was a pain wait till you fry your motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts