Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from the dealer got my dsi cabel fix and i cant here my AEM CAI anymore i was like what the. So when i got home i look to see if they just put a stock intake in and nope i still have my AEM CAI so if some one could help me out that would be great.

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
A Ford service friend of mine said he found a lot of of the intake hoses to leak. Maybe the sound was more from that and now it's fixed? Just a thought. Also I did a DIY fix with a screw, he said the dealership would not have a problem with correcting a owners temp fix, the DSI problem is well known, and to bring it if I wanted it replaced. I'll wait a year and see how the replacements hold up as I'm sure mine will.

·
Registered
474 Posts
A Ford service friend of mine said he found a lot of of the intake hoses to leak. Maybe the sound was more from that and now it's fixed? Just a thought. Also I did a DIY fix with a screw, he said the dealership would not have a problem with correcting a owners temp fix, the DSI problem is well known, and to bring it if I wanted it replaced. I'll wait a year and see how the replacements hold up as I'm sure mine will.
My DIY fix has lasted longer than two DSI Manifolds!

I am still rockin my screw!

BTW, I just my AEM CAI and I cant hear my DSI switch @ 6K like I used to. It was way louder w/ my Airbox/ FR Panel combo..but it was probably just resonating through the airbox...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts