Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership ordered an entire intake manifold (only way to get the part) and managed to only replace the small disk that the plastic tab breaks off. I asked them to do it this way if they could because I have RLA2 on a late run 2002 model and it has no other engine management/drivability problems. I feared that the more work that is done could cause some other problems with that invasive type of procedure. These cars are quirky enough as it is.

My question is; if they can replace this piece separately, then why don’t they make this .02$ part separate if they even have the slightest clue that it’s a problem part by itself?

Better yet, make it out of metal and be done with it.

Hats off to the tec who did this and shame on Ford for being a stick in the mud.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Only thing I can think of is who ever ordered the part couldn't figure out the PN for the clip or its not available yet.

I used to see this [censored] all the time when I was in the army...had to order and entire assembely to fix something instead of one little piece

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part has no separate order number. You get the whole upper manifold or the whole lower manifold as it stands right now. Thank god for warrantees. Gulp, thinking about post warrantee now.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
The part has no separate order number. You get the whole upper manifold or the whole lower manifold as it stands right now. Thank god for warrantees. Gulp, thinking about post warrantee now.
The part has been redesigned since last December...when mine went

No problems after almost 33K on the car

·
Registered
993 Posts
Of course it is stupid to order the entire manifold instead of just fix a small clip, but that is Ford. It's costing them money. My fix for the problem? Replace it with the JR manifold and plop the JRSC on top of it

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope to have this JRSC fix as part of my mods next spring. The cool temps today have been amazing! I almost think this car is fine as is, with a DSI that works.

·
Registered
128 Posts
So the new plastic braket is redesigned? My dealer is fixing mine today. That's piece of mind! I saw the the exahust bracket that brakes was redesigned too. It's nice to know Ford is trying to improve and not just replace!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts