Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What position is the dsi clip supposed to be in when the engine is idling because after I fixed the clip I'm not sure if it is working, is it supposed to be pulled towards the front of the car and also my computer is throwing a code not sure what any info please

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: vct position

If i remember rt it should pull it when running and at high rpm youll see it move back

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

What position is the dsi clip supposed to be in when the engine is idling because after I fixed the clip I'm not sure if it is working, is it supposed to be pulled towards the front of the car and also my computer is throwing a code not sure what any info please
You might want to change the title of your thread to DSI. VCT is the cam timing and DSI is the intake. Good luck.

·
Registered
457 Posts

When the car is on at idle it should be pulled toward the front of the car. When the car is off the dsi sits in short runner position(towards the cabin).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I went to autozone today and the code that my car was throwing was P1518 does this have anything to do with my dsi not working right that explains the no torque at low rpms

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: dsi position

Ok so I figured out my dsi is not working how do I fix it svt dealer? part number?

·
Registered
246 Posts

Most likely the infamous clip is broken. Check for a thread about fixing the DSI clip with pictures. It helped me fix mine.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Did you get everything fixed? I repaired my DSI clip tonight, but now the IMRC is cycling and I'm getting the P1518 error code too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no I need to fix the motor just dont know where to get it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'd suggest getting one from member FORDSVTPARTS - his dealership offers parts 10% over cost and ships fast. I've ordered several parts from him. I think he's got them in stock too.

·
Registered
143 Posts

DaveSVT03 said:
Most likely the infamous clip is broken. Check for a thread about fixing the DSI clip with pictures. It helped me fix mine.
I've done about 2 dozen searches for "DSI clip repair/replace/fix/pictures" etc but am having no luck finding this thread. I got P1518 yesterday and for the first time with 42600 miles I believe I need to change out the DSI clip. Can someone please point me to the thread? Thanks for your help.

Bryan

·
Registered
295 Posts
Link

I just did some of this work recently. Steve (FORDSVTPARTS) is the man when it comes to delivering parts quickly and safely. I'd recommend him if you think you need anything.

If you need any help or have questions, the jet is a great place for answers.

·
Registered
19,113 Posts
Thanks for the referrals guys, I do appreciate it.

A broken DSI lever will not throw a code, the car will just lack low end power.

A defective IMRC acuator will throw a code so that is probably the issue.

I am at home now so I don't have pricing but I do know that we have a couple of the IMRC actuators in stock and I can pretty much gaurantee you won't find a new one cheaper anywhere.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What a coincidence. I pulled everything out in preparation to replace the DSI clip (that I bought from Steve last month when I thought my coil went bad...just in case.) I emailed him last night with a laundry list of parts I want/need. As long as Tousley Ford keeps up this offer, I can't see buying Ford parts anywhere else!

I found information on Focus Fanatics last evening that made me think it is the IMRC actuator. I didn't check it though because I'd already buttoned everything back up and it was dark...and my Mustang is occupying the garage...and I was hungry...you know how it goes.

Bryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts