Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a question about the DSI clip problem, seeing as my clip broke and I’m still waiting for the parts.

What do they replace? I noticed the loose cable and plastic piece flopping around and can manually rotate the runner position. They told me they would half to replace the whole intake manifold, is this correct or could there be a smaller piece that is replaced instead?

Thanks.

Oh yea, has this problem/part led a redesign on the intake manifold that I’ve been reading about?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yep, whole manifold. Im on #3. The "new" manifold of course broke, so I fixed it myself. I found a nice wood screw with a nice "flat dome" head (round, dome shaped, but almost flat). Screwed it into the part that rotates (I knew right where to go, it left a "plastic broke off from here mark"..) and then slipped the clip over the head of the screw. This was about 6 months ago, and im still rockin the screw.

Pro: No down time - took 30 min's and most of that was finding the right screw. Metal is more durable than plastic!

Con: Its sorta ghetto, but no one see's it anyways.

Fix it yourself...never worry again!

Or, you could do what I wanna....put a JRSC in its place! Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The JRSC is in my future but until then some low end torque would be nice

Thanks for the reply and the info, I might try it tomorrow night and see how it goes.

Did you drill a hole or just screw it in? Also, is there enough room on the other side of the semi circle piece that pulls the runners, (position that you placed the screw) to try a nut and bolt fix? I know the "plastic broke off from here mark" and wonder if a small nut will fit behind this place.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The cable just broke on mine. The pastic piece is intact but the cable is broken and frayed. Has this happened to anyone else? Have they been replacing them with the "fixed" design?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts