Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what is d900 dtc code? i did my weekly test scan and saw this... gonna go reset the battery but i kinda want to know what it is

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Dunno. Someone in Tech was asking the same question and hasn't gottne an answer yet. You could try PMing him to see if he got anywhere with it. steble01 . Also, I'd try calling Ford.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
yeah i still got nothing. its kinda wierd that two people with the same car have the same code though

·
Registered
770 Posts
i'm throwing a p2270..cant find anything for that.. any help???
My car threw that code when I blew my rings. Its a constant signal of rich or lean. In my case I guess the oil made it read rich. Funny that we have the same mods, or will.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
No D's on that list. Weird.

·
Registered
225 Posts
in case anyone was wondering I have a d900 as well. It happened today. I installed my draxas header/flex a couple weeks ago and got a light, no code though. The other day I put my stg1 cranes in and started running rich enough to smell gas from the tailpipe. Today I plugged my new xcal in and my CEL went away. Then I went into test mode and noticed it was throwing a d900!? now I have no CEL, d900, and gas smelling exhaust.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
idk man... they reflashed my pcm and it hasnt come back YET.. all i have is a intake and a 2.5" catback exhaust

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
can't find anything for d900..i'm throwing a p2270..cant find anything for that.. any help???

P2270 - Lack of HO2S-12 Switch, Sensor Indicates Lean
Description: The downstream heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) is forced rich and lean and monitored by the powertrain control module (PCM). The test fails if the PCM does not detect the output of the HO2S in a calibrated amount of time.
Possible Causes: Pinched, shorted, and corroded wiring and pins.
Crossed sensor wires.
Exhaust leaks.
Contaminated or damaged sensor.

basically it's saying that your downstream 02 sensor. The one after the cat. Is bad, or your catalytic converters are not doing their job. Or in the case of having a race header, the converter is non existant.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
what is d900 dtc code? i did my weekly test scan and saw this... gonna go reset the battery but i kinda want to know what it is
Where are you getting this code, from your dashboard or with a OBD scanner?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
mine was from the lcd on the gauges.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
mine was from the lcd on the gauges.
That means nothing. If you have a real trouble code it would show a check engine light.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i had a CEL but no p2270. then no cel and d900. obd2 says no problemo though

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
i had a CEL but no p2270. then no cel and d900. obd2 says no problemo though
Dash LCD display codes mean almost nothing. As was stated above, scan OBD port (CAN unit for the Duratec I assume) if you want REAL DTC codes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts