Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been several requests to make another attempt at a Vegas event... the target date would be about March or April '04.

What I need to know is as follows:

What kind of activity would you like to see? (Car Show, Auto-X, Drag Race, Track Day?)

Would you rather book your own room or just get a room as part of a block? (like if we were to all stay at one hotel).

What would your maximum budget be to attend? (this would include travel costs and lodging)

How soon would you like it to be (and be serious here.. I too would like to be in Vegas in 3 weeks... but it requires a bit more planning than that).

The under-21 crowd, I'd say is welcome to attend if they desire, but being as how the town is basically a 21+ town, if we had some 21+ only activities, would you still attend?

Thanks for your input....

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
What kind of activity would you like to see? (Car Show, Auto-X, Drag Race, Track Day?)

Depending on the time of year, auto-x and car show.

Would you rather book your own room or just get a room as part of a block? (like if we were to all stay at one hotel).

Dosen't really matter to me.

What would your maximum budget be to attend?

Depends on when we do it.

How soon would you like it to be (and be serious here.. I too would like to be in Vegas in 3 weeks... but it requires a bit more planning than that).

3-6 months from now, in the off season.

The under-21 crowd, I'd say is welcome to attend if they desire, but being as how the town is basically a 21+ town, if we had some 21+ only activities, would you still attend?

Definately.

·
Registered
537 Posts
There has been several requests to make another attempt at a Vegas event...

-Track Day or Auto-X

- Block available but not mandatory
What would your maximum budget be to attend?
Depends but I could see 100 bucks for the event

Nov might be ok otherwise Im with Greg sometime in offseason

-Im over 21 but i would go

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
There has been several requests to make another attempt at a Vegas event...

Auto-X, or a track day would be cool
i'd probably just end up booking myself into a cheapo motel 6 cause i'm cheap like that, but if there was a reasonably priced block i'd also consider that
What would your maximum budget be to attend? (this would include travel costs and lodging)
depends on the time of the year

preferably six months or more, maybe around spring break?
sure, i can get a fake id

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Excellent idea Todd. It's more of a central location for the Team Dezert guys too.

There is a Motel 6 behind the Luxor that charges like 35 bucks a night. Cheap is good, more money to drink with.

Even though it's an adult town, there is still tons of stuff the under 21 crowd could do. The Hilton has a cool Star Trek ride.

I'd like to do something more this time, like a safe drag or Auto X type thing.

I could attend at any time, make it during the week and the cost of hotels are cheaper.

My budget would be just gas, food, gambling/drinks and maybe an LPIN or two.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Any of those are fine, or a combination of two... Auto-X is my bag, but I'll do any of those for the social aspect.

Whatever is easiest/cheapest

$500 or so... depends on how much gambling time.

December, January, or February.. I'm too busy before then.

I'm looking forward to some wholesome 21+ activities involving beer and bewbies.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Great idea, but I'm about shot for this year between shows & my kid due in Sept. I don't think I can spare much more... Whats an event w/out Fonzie... (The group sobs)

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Car show for sure and drag or track!

Block would be cheaper and more fun

Can't say for sure. Gas for me is going to be a lot.

May since thats when school is out. March is a possibility if it lands during spring break.

I'm 22 so it doesn't matter to me

Also, how long would the event be?

·
Super Moderator
12,447 Posts
I would be down for this if we started planning and getting the date locked in for sure. Todd let me know.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
I think this is a great idea!! Springtime, definitely!!

Don't forget about the Vegas Speedway out there too. Track day, perhaps?....... we can do the Car Show/Main Event out there.....
*cough*CORPORATESPONSORS*cough*

I think one of the "Stations" could be a good locale for rooms, they're inexpensive and close to all the activities. Besides, most people cab it to the strip, anyways. Boulder Station is nice, clean, and cheap.

I do NOT recommend the week after SEMA. There is waaaay too much stuff going on for the industry people that week, and by the Saturday afterwards most of us want to get home as soon as possible. Vegas after a week gets really old.

Time for a new t-shirt design

·
Registered
727 Posts
There has been several requests to make another attempt at a Vegas event... the target date would be about March or April '04.

What kind of activity would you like to see? (Car Show, Auto-X, Drag Race, Track Day?) <font color="red">Car show w/ real voting!!!</font>

Would you rather book your own room or just get a room as part of a block? (like if we were to all stay at one hotel). <font color="red">Block would be cheaper, however, I would like a nice hotel!!! </font>

What would your maximum budget be to attend? (this would include travel costs and lodging) <font color="red">$750 </font>

How soon would you like it to be (and be serious here.. I too would like to be in Vegas in 3 weeks... but it requires a bit more planning than that). <font color="red">I would like things to be set & ready at least 3 months in advance!!! </font>

The under-21 crowd, I'd say is welcome to attend if they desire, but being as how the town is basically a 21+ town, if we had some 21+ only activities, would you still attend? <font color="red">Huh, no kiddies!!! (J/K) </font>

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Ya im down from driving from arkansas again, but this time, we need more than 12 cars lol and SELF LIGHTING CHARCOLS lol

But ya im down, autox or track for sure,i say same time frame as this last events, tax refund is a good thing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts