Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is permitted to post links to ads, not my own, to Ebay or some other site if I see a Focus item that other FJ members might be interested in. For example, I am cruising Ebay and see a set of lights that some other FJ members might be interested in, can I post a link to that item? Would this be considered posting for a third party? If allowed, where should I post it? I'm sure that this has been asked before, I was unable to find anything in the archives. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Yes, I think you are allowed as long as its not your own item. If it was your own item it has to be in the for sale forum of which you need 100 posts to post there.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Well, as a general rule:

We all know about eBay. If someone is looking for soemthing they will post here in the for sale forum, and they will also probably have checked eBay. So maybe if someone is specifically looking for something, you could post some links to eBay. It would be silly and pointless to just start threads about one eBay auction unless it was a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
That and if I were the high bidder, I'd be pretty irked-off that someone made it more public than it already was which would then knock my likelihood of winning down a few notches.

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
The members usually post the funny ebay ads in Pit Stop or Off Topic... you can always let us know some cool finds or new items for the Focus on ebay in the Exterior/Interior Modification threads.

Every so often I find the cool little thing and post it for the rest of you... anyone remember the clear keys? That was from one of my posts, lol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks for the advice.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Wait, so we can post our own Ebay auctions in the For Sale Forums? I asked, but didn't get an answer yet.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
Yes, you may list an ad in the For Sale forum (assuming you follow the proper formatting and other rules) that provides a link to your own Ebay auction for the item. Selling something this way is much more secure from a recourse perspective for both the buyer and seller than our Classified forum can be on its own, and it is the only exception we allow. You'll often find the things that Ron lists for sale are sold the same way - with a link to the his item on Ebay.

>8^)
ER

1 - 8 of 8 Posts