Ford Focus Forum banner

Dupli-Color... Which Product To Use For Interior?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Slayer420 
#1 ·
I Finally Found A Store That Sells Dupli-Color In My Area... Im Asking What Product Works Best, Since You Prolly All Have Done This Before.

Im Looking For A Silver Coat, And A Clear Coat, And A Primer.
Any Recomendations... Sanding... Etc...

Or Does Anyone Suggest Krylon? I Was GOnna Use Fusion.. But Here In Canada They DOnt Have A Silver/Grey.

#2 ·
Just your basic duplicolor primer, clear coat, and "color" coat will work fine. I've used them with no problems.

I've also used Mirage (the color changing paint) and Metalcast (chromed appearance) both by Duplicolor, also with great results. I've got Metalcast Blue right now, with Duplicolor Gunmetal accents (vents, radio, etc)

#4 ·
I used the blue Metalcast on my interior. The metalcast "ground coat" itself looked so good after 2 coats that I almost just clearcoated that. but it wouldn't have looked good on white.
Just make sure you clean the pieces real good or else it bubbles up pretty bad. Good Luck with that

#7 ·
Make sure each coat is light. Your first coat of primer shouldnt even completley cover all the plastic. So make a couple of thin coats rather than 1 thick.

Metalcast is in walmart, autozone, checker....pretty much anywhere that sells car stuff.

I've seen red, blue, yellow, purple, green....I think silver/chrome too. But I havent looked for a while...I might have to look for black now, that sounds cool.

#8 ·
I am pretty sure the walmart around here did not carry the metalcast line. In fact most auto parts places carried dupli-color, but the Metalcast was a little hard to find. I know Autozone carries, but I think I had to go to Meijer's to find it. I would love a black metalcast.. I would probably sand my interior down next week if I knew it existed. I will make one warning tho that I have found after a year of having my dash trim painted. The tops of the vents are fading BAD from the sun. I painted everything with the metalcast red, and now from the outside, the vent look more like they are bronze. It is kind of cool, but they are now literally two-tone because the top is faded, but the bottom is perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.