Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a considerable amount of thinking since bela started his great discussion on the merits of forced induction and track events. Does anyone have any data on the actual wear of a Zetec that is exposed to track duty?

I am going to project that the answer will be no, so I would like to see if anyone here is interested in coming up with some tests that we can all run that might help us nail down just when things start to go before they do.

We could run compression tests, oil analysis and other non-tear down type tests, and reference our mileages, both on an off track and create a database of sorts that could help make educated projections on service intervals. There is no reason why this has to be limited to engines either.

Let me know what you think. I'll have 60,000 miles, with close to 2,000 on track by winter so I am getting into my personal "when will crap break" range.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I'm doing the same. After each event, I'll be sending in an oil sample and am hoping to at least build a base line.

Doing a compression check once in a while is also a great idea.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Slick -

I ordered my kit... been meaning to do that! Thanks for the reminder

Are you gonna send in a pre-track and post-track sample?

(and do you really change @ 2500 miles?????)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts