Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I make any purchases, I wanted to throw my plan out for criticism, thumbs up, or suggestions.

I'm going to purchase a 2005 ZX3 shortly. I'm planning on spending about 13K total. I can find a good ZX3 for about 7k. I'm doing everything myself so no labor costs. Once I put some miles on the engine I'll put forged rods and pistons in it. Maybe Cosi IM and Ford Racing head.

I'm also thinking about painting the car myself, maybe a color offered for the RS Focus, any ideas?. Getting Euro plates too.

Here is what I'm thinking so far

Ford Focus ZX3 Build...........................................................$Price$

> FSWERKs Stage 1 Turbo Kit................................................$3,195
> FSWERKs Stage 2 Intercooler Upgrade..................................$700
> HR Coil Over Suspension.....................................................$1,100
> Exedy Stage 2 Clutch........................................................$840
> Ford Racing Rally Wheels....................................................$900
> 3" Custom Exhaust............................................................$450
> LSD................................................................................$600
> RS Body Kit......................................................................$900

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha ya thats kind of important. I love the sound of the Borla Type S muffler. Had it on my other focus. Only comes in a 2.5" tho, so I'll probably go with one of the oval race mufflers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
paint for the bodykit would be nice :)
i personaly would leave it stock looking for the sleeper look
also a nice suspention setup is important

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I personally like the mexican look with an unpainted body kit haha. I'm painting it myself. Have a professional set up with a gun and everything. Thats why I was considering just painting the entire car, so its fresh, and a distinct color.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah but painting a car will be a few hundred $$$ in paint and supplies.

should be a good build though. will look great once its done :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think you should try and bundle stuff to get better deals on items...

Lets say an LSD, Exedy stage 2 clutch and Body kit for $2240.00 with shipping included...that save some money. Other wise the with the pricing you have up there just for a body kit and clutch you are $1814.98 plus shipping...

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
... you're forgetting "some" sort of suspension.

Otherwise you'll have a 4x4 with an RS bodykit.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
lol yeah good point. the rs body kit with the stock suspension would look weird, and with the stock suspension, your car wouldnt drive ideal

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'm going to have to take this in steps then, because its starting to get expensive.

I really like the body kit. What should I do for the suspension? What brand for shocks and struts?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
yeah doing it in steps will probably work best. just dont buy anything youll get rid of later on (like a header or cai before a turbo kit, or springs before coilovers, etc).and its best to get a diff installed the same time as a clutch/flywheel. it will save installation cost (unless you do it yourself, but it will still save time).

·
I AM THE MOFREAKINGMAN!
6,762 Posts
H&R Coilovers.
x2, the H&R coilovers are very comfortable for daily driving, easy to install, great bang for your buck and handle great. Far superior damping characteristics and compression travel then any of the spring/shock combo's out there, which translates to great ride comfort and handling

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Stick with FS Race 2.5" SS exhaust.

Ditch the 900 body kit.

450~ Eboost 2 Elect Boost controller,

Cant forget about a WIDE Band O2 sensor, AEM EUGO comes to mind.

Oil Cooler kit

Cosworth IM

Cams -Crane stage 1 (which I have)

hmm

1 - 20 of 31 Posts