Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Durashift CVT for Focus C-MAX 1.6-litre TDCi

A new Durashift CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) option will soon be available for the Focus C-MAX. Initially being offered with the 109 PS, 1.6-litre Duratorq TDCi, engine, the unit has been particularly well matched to the impressive torque of this high-pressure common-rail turbodiesel.

The compact Durashift CVT system is a key new technology in Ford’s product-led transformation, and has been specially developed for front-wheel-drive, package efficient vehicles like the Focus C-MAX.

Although continuously variable, the transmission is programmed to simulate seven forward gears for optimal matching to the diesel rev range, and to provide a choice of driving styles. The driver can operate the transmission in its seamless automatic mode, or slide the shift lever into a manual-shifting gate.

“The Durashift CVT will really be a fun-to-drive transmission,” said Focus C-MAX Chief Programme Engineer Colin Reynell. “It offers refined and seamless driving characteristics and gives the driver the choice of two driving modes, either as a smooth automatic or a manual.”

Further technical details of the Ford Durashift CVT will be available closer to launch.
# # #

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is explains my C-MAX sighting

I have seen a C-MAX on two occasions here near Cincinnati, OH, where ZF manufactures a CVT for what I'm told, european focuses. There is supposedly a Mondeo they are testing on here also.

-Matt

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
how high torque can this thing handle???

I thought everyone was having trouble making one that could handle the torque of a 2.0 gasoline without longevity problems, let alone the doubled torque of a diesel.

·
Registered
66 Posts
how high torque can this thing handle???

I thought everyone was having trouble making one that could handle the torque of a 2.0 gasoline without longevity problems, let alone the doubled torque of a diesel.
That was long ago, even the Murano (3.5 250hp V6) has a CVT now, and thats the same engine as the 350Z it has very nice torque

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.