Ford Focus Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
I am looking for an ECU for my 08 SES with a manual transmission (non-pzev) with 3.82 gears in it that was pulled from an 08 (drive by wire).
I have an '08 ecu (manual, 3.82 gears) along with an SCT flasher for that ecu if you're interested. We changed to a stand-alone ecu (it's a race car).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am looking for an ECU for my 08 SES with a manual transmission (non-pzev) with 3.82 gears in it that was pulled from an 08 (drive by wire)

Everything else is squared away thanks to steve from tousley he found everything including pieced together a main wiring harness that would translate into a manual wiring harness for my car using the VIN the only thing I need is to find a ECU that will work....ID whatever I need. OR if someone knows what information I need to figure it out thats helpful too...
Hey sorry for being off for a while (working zoo lights). Any 08 manual ECU will work. The junkyard I got mine from tried to get matching numbers too, but I just told them it was fine and took it. For re-flashes it to work for your car. Took them two days for me, but everything works 100% perfect now and the code wasn't even close.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
post up that list with part numbers so others can benifit from it:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
My mom and I took my 2 daughters to zoo lights at Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma, WA. It was pretty cool and the girls really enjoyed it.

Topic: A list, with part numbers, would be great.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Sorry fordblue03 no ass for you but I do have the parts list (keep in mind that the $200 wire assembly is vehicle specific and the pedal assembly includes I think he said the position sensor)

Reservoir with lines 8S4Z 2K478 B $35.28
Pedal Assembly 8S4Z 2455 B $110.04
(he listed it as tube cant remember what it is) Tube 5S4Z 7A512 AA $30.95
(he listed it as tube cant remember what it is) Tube 3S4Z 7A512 CA $22.59
Cylinder Assembly XS4Z 7A564 AA $75.01
Cable Assembly 8S4Z 7E395 A $87.11
Lever (shifter assembly) 8S4Z 7210 E $56.54
Shifter Boot 8S4Z 7277 A $27.06
Main wiring harness 8S4Z 14401 GA $236.46
Trans Harness 8S4Z 12A690 EA $78.14
Driver CV Shaft (from rock auto) $60.79
Clutch Ignition Switch (drivewire.com) $25.99
Clutch Pedal Position Sensor (rockauto) $16.80
Passenger side CV and Intermediate (autoparts warehouse) $50

The shifter does not come with a shift knob so I'm getting an aftermarket one. And you need you mounts I'm getting all VF engineering ones from C-F-M those I hope are self explanatory. Of course you need an ECU which I'm going to get from the gentlemen on here if the price is right and you need a Manual Transmission. I found one with low miles for $350 shipped to my door. If you want an LSD well you can go on Jegs or summitracing and find one on there for $699.

Steve over at Tousley is one hell of a guy he sat there and worked with me and found every part. If your doing this swap he's the man to go to. The switches from rockauto I will probably get from him anyway. I had found them and didnt want to hold the guy up but he was very helpful.

So with all said if you swapped stock to stock you can get it done for under $1500 probably pretty easily

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know it's been a while, but I wanted to add a few things for anyone considering doing this. For the trans removal and install, if you don't have a lift, it's gonna be a PITA. I ended up rigging a pulley system of the support beam in my garage for $30 and that made things WAY easier.

Also, I have found that I noticed a slight shifting sometimes when shifting gears. I put an '05 trans with an '08 rear mount, and the trans side is a different size (I knew that but for some reason I didn't think about it). I bought and '08 trans mount (the one that actually bolts directly to the transmission) and that fixed it perfectly. Other than that, I've had no problems with over a year on the swap.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Looking to do this swap too...sick of atx lol a walkthrough with pics would be nice if anyone gets around to this soon... :D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hey guys I know this has been dead for a year now but my auto is dying and I'm going to be doing the swap I have an 07 though. I know that MOST of the parts are the same but does anyone from this thread no a completely parts list? I spot with Randy at FSWERKS and he said he can retune it but now reading this I'm afraid to do just that. The ECU thing is freakin me out now. The ECU has to be exactly the same options? And now what about the PATs system? If I have to get everything reflashed isn't that a bunch of money anyway? My realistic budget is $1500. I'm a college student to money is easy to just throw up haha. Mostly everything will be used but a new clutch and the necessary stuff.

Thanks girls and guys.

Tommy

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Just get another auto transmission. Try car-part.com You can search local salvage yards. Some may even do the work for a small fee. This would be the most affordable way.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Hey guys I know this has been dead for a year now but my auto is dying and I'm going to be doing the swap I have an 07 though. I know that MOST of the parts are the same but does anyone from this thread no a completely parts list? I spot with Randy at FSWERKS and he said he can retune it but now reading this I'm afraid to do just that. The ECU thing is freakin me out now. The ECU has to be exactly the same options? And now what about the PATs system? If I have to get everything reflashed isn't that a bunch of money anyway? My realistic budget is $1500. I'm a college student to money is easy to just throw up haha. Mostly everything will be used but a new clutch and the necessary stuff.

Thanks girls and guys.

Tommy
You have an 07 with out drive by wire. This thread isn't really about what you're doing.

Randy's tuned the auto PCM's on the 03-07 duratechs before for manual swaps. Not sure what you're worried about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I am a little late to the party but I have an 08 focus coupe that has over 200k miles. AT is starting to slip and I've always wanted to do a manual swap. How would I go about finding a correct main wiring harness for my car?

41 - 54 of 54 Posts