Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.circleperformance.com/parts.htm

It seems with the Expected launch of the Focus 2.3, Mazda6 2.3 and Mazda4 2.3 next year the Aftermarket is forming. with the US Mondeo, miata, Ranger, ST150, eco-sport, escape/tribute, and Freelander to use the engines. The world has never seen an aftermarket that these engines will have.

I am getting some crazy quotes on power and torque outputs from both the 2.3 and 2.0. From both Euope and the US.

Some guys in the UK are selling race engine kits for <10,000 UK pounds. NA making upto 225hp form the 2.3 and ~200 from the 2.0. on stock internals. and BTW with the 2.3 making 190-200ftlbs of torque.

http://www.minister-power.com/

Circle performance has just dyno'd their first 2.3 engine 245 hp @ 7800rpm. with there new pistons and Conrods.

The Goal is to turbo the 2.3 in the very near future.

In couple of months there will be a Duratec Tuning forum on [FJ]

[ 11-17-2002, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: biker16 ]

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
help me out here bro...wats bout the money for the duratec 2.3 liter enigne in US money? that sounds like a good conversion for the future...and for better power/torque....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Will the stock 2.3 from Ford, whenever it's available, bolt right in? As in straight swap?

What are the power and torque numbers of the stock 2.3 and 2.0 Duratec? It surely won't be 245hp/200lb-ft.

When will these be available?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
hmmm....may sound like a reasonable conversion for a better motor...wish they could do what the honda boys do, ecu,axles,tranny,and motor...

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
i think they're gonna give us 135hp and 150tq....not sure though
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The PZEV will have more than 140hp.

Mazda6 2.3 rated @ 160hp.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Read the posts in the Forced Induction and Nitrous Forum...

1000+ H.P. From a Duratec Engine
and
2.0 and 2.3 Engines

These Duratecs have been in the Ranger and Mazda trucks for the past 2 years ('02+'03). The Europeans have had the Duratec in a 1.8 and 2.0 version for the past 4-5(?) years in the Mondeo.

Regards,
Gerry

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Gerry

So the engine being used the last two years, is that the same that will be in the Focus?

·
Registered
204 Posts
We are currently having our own camshafts made for the Ranger 2.3L engine. We already have a shorty tubular header for the truck and we are finishing up our CAI for it this weekend.

We plan to purchase a 2.3L Mazda6 this winter to develop a host of parts for (intake, header, exhaust, cams, turbo, etc). We also might purchase a 2.3L Focus next year to get familiar with that platform.

We have the goal of being the number one Duratec tuner out there and so far, everything is on target...

Nikolas

www.DuratecPerformance.com

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Originally posted by biker16:

NA making upto 225hp form the 2.3 and ~200 from the 2.0. on stock internals. and BTW with the 2.3 making 190-200ftlbs of torque.
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats friggen Insane...cant see what they do with it in the SVT or Crosworth thats coming out in a couple years

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by ZX3_Phocus:
will it bolt right up to our stock 5sp trannies?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've asked this same question about 3 times myself.
I hope the answer is yes but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
745 Posts
so will it work with a custom bell housing...also isn't the rangers mounted longitudinal...what tranny could you use?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by iamgod:
so will it work with a custom bell housing...also isn't the rangers mounted longitudinal...what tranny could you use?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Ranger 2.3 will be the minority of 2.3s the majority will be the FWD version in the Focus and in the Mazda6.

The Engine will not bolt up. But the There isn't any major reason why you wouldn't need a new Tranny. Why?

Becuase the MTX75 Has interchagable Bell housing/ clutch housings. once the PZEV is available next year you could buy the Duartec housing for your tranny. Of course Since You would have you tranny out I suspect most of you would ditch the 3.82 for a 4.08 ratio and even install a LSD to boot.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Ah, ah....There we have the answer for the brain damaged of us.

Simple solution then. So, we can buy a 2.3 from a Ranger and get ready?

Sooo, what's a well suspended,2.3 liter Duratec powered, ZX3 going to be like.

And, I wonder what the average horsepower is going to be.

[ 11-18-2002, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

·
Registered
450 Posts
Originally posted by Phillip:

Simple solution then. So, we can buy a 2.3 from a Ranger and get ready?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So, Phillip,
I should be expecting a phone call, email or P.M. from you?

Regards,
Gerry

1 - 20 of 21 Posts