Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From their message boards.

http://www.duratecperformance.com/yabbse/index.php?board=4;action=display;threadid=370;start=0

Hello Everyone!

We are proud to announce the completion of our 2.3L Duratec Focus 4-1 Race Header. Continuing the history of offering the highest quality headers for Ford's Duratec line of engines, the 2.3L Focus Race Header will be a "Must Have" item for any Focus PZEV owner looking to get as much power out of their potent Duratec engine. Designed and crafted by our master fabricator who has 30+ years of experience building exhaust headers, this header is a testiment to our extreme pursuit of quality.

Constructed of 16 gauge cold rold steel and coated in Xtreme (tm) Sterling Silver Ceramic Coating this header will not dissapoint. The header flange is a thick 3/8" and the bolt holes are slotted to prevent warping. EGR piping has also been integrated. Our header comes with a new flexpipe portion using a 2.5" inside diameter. The stock flex pipe is a restriction on these 2.3L engines as they are less than 2" inside diameter.

We will have these headers ready to ship in 2 weeks. If you are interested in purchasing a header for your 2.3L PZEV Focus you will be able to do so through our store early next week. These headers will sell for $420 + Shipping.

Here are some pictures of our 2003+ Focus 2.3L PZEV 4-1 Race Header:

http://www.duratecperformance.com/images/Focus/focusheader800.jpg

http://www.duratecperformance.com/images/Focus/focusflange.jpg

http://www.duratecperformance.com/images/Focus/focus800.jpg

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at:

[email protected]

Happy Motoring,

Nikolas

·
Registered
860 Posts
Re: Duratec Performance Header is done!

...See, here they mention the flex-pipe being less than 2" in diameter, and therefore a restriction...When I asked about this a while back on this forum, I was told this is not the case...Im confused...Since Duratec Performance is where I originally heard it was a restriction...

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

you ron are like whoa

(sorry my ghetto side getting out)

·
Registered
506 Posts

Is it cracked?

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Is it cracked?
Seeing how they took a good picture of it, I'm assuming thats the slot they designed.

...and the bolt holes are slotted to prevent warping
Not sure how that works.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

metal's gonna expand when it's heated right? THis way, as it's heated the slot expands closed, if it was a closed circle, then when heated the bolt-encircling region would sort of ruffle like the edge of a tutu because the outer edge would expand more than the inner edge would. IF my description made any sense, that's what's ahppening.

on their attention to detail.

·
Registered
974 Posts

i wonder how long before the CEL turns on?? peace

·
Registered
204 Posts

Hey everyone,

Because there are no plug and play MIL Eliminators on the market "yet", we just spliced together our own MIL Eliminator. 200+ Miles and no CELs on the engine yet.

We sent off the stock O2 sensors (while the car was out of commission) to Dallas Mustang so they could create a new generation of MIL Eliminators. The Ford Focus 2.3L uses different plastic connectors on the 02 sensors. Dallas Mustang has already found the parts they need and they should have the Gen 2 MILs out before the end of the year.

After SEMA we will be dynoing our Project PZEV with I/H/E and will post the results on our site ASAP. We will be driving our Focus to SEMA, so if any of you are there and want to see it, just let me know.

Nikolas

·
Registered
2,957 Posts

Hey everyone,

Because there are no plug and play MIL Eliminators on the market "yet", we just spliced together our own MIL Eliminator. 200+ Miles and no CELs on the engine yet.

We sent off the stock O2 sensors (while the car was out of commission) to Dallas Mustang so they could create a new generation of MIL Eliminators. The Ford Focus 2.3L uses different plastic connectors on the 02 sensors. Dallas Mustang has already found the parts they need and they should have the Gen 2 MILs out before the end of the year.

After SEMA we will be dynoing our Project PZEV with I/H/E and will post the results on our site ASAP. We will be driving our Focus to SEMA, so if any of you are there and want to see it, just let me know.

Nikolas

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts

Hey everyone,

Nikolas
I do I do!!!

Of course, you'll know where to find us

1 - 16 of 16 Posts