Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I noticed there's a lot of help concerning the linkage adjustment for the 2.0 crowd, but I have a 2.3 and need to adjust the linkage, or at least I think I do. I have problems getting into 1st, 3rd, and 5th which are all the gears towards the front of the car, so I figure it's the linkage. I really need help with this as I don't want to cause any damage to the tranny and/or syncros.

This problem started completely randomly and I wonder if its the simple wear and tear or if anyone has had a similar problem with the 2.3 tranny. Please get back to me and let me know what's good.

Thanks very much.

If it matters I have 3.06 ford racing gears in the tranny.

·
My Race Car Has Poke and Stretch
1,643 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I said 2.0 dura (duratec) and 2.3 are the same trans. Actually Zetec is essentially the same trans except bell housing, shift tower, so I don't know that the shift cables are in exact same location. I have a 2.3 and it has the same orange buttons to adjust, Just can't guarantee they are in exact same location as Zetec. Also you will not "remove air filter" as in Zetec to access - you will remove battery and tray. With a flashlight you can actually look down behind and under battery and see the two cables if you really lean over it, but looks like you will need crazy dexterity to actually make the adjustment with battery in place, plus you'd be working blind. Hope this helps some, I was thinking of adjusting mine but they aren't that bad so that's all I know about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts