Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about dying most of my interior, from the front doors up, and was wondering how good is it sa far as fading,wear,etc.?

·
Registered
170 Posts
What do you mean dying?
Do you want to paint them with regular car paint and after clearcoat or just spray them with vinyl color.
If you do it with first way last for ever. The second way scratches easy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually don't know. I asked an upholstery shop what they could do and dye was an option. I did'nt go into much detail with them besides asking them about wear but all he said was that it depends on how much of the armoral I could get off. I was just trying to see if anyone else has done it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i have "color matched" my interior. i matched all the pillars, the visors, and even the headliner. but i just used regualr spray paint on the pillars but with a satin finish instead of glossy. as for the headliner i just dyed it but i think i would have been happier with recovering it with some fabric instead. looks MUCH better no matter what

·
Registered
400 Posts
What do you mean dying?
Do you want to paint them with regular car paint and after clearcoat or just spray them with vinyl color.
If you do it with first way last for ever. The second way scratches easy.
i think ur confused...car paint will crack, fade, chip, flake...just about everything it will do is bad...lol

vinyl color...yea its pretty cheap but if used properly it can withstand decent torture...duplicolor is the best of the vinyl colors...

VHT however makes a true penetrating vinyl dye...it is by far the best of the above options with the exception of going and having it dyed by a professional with SEM brand dyes...the later part of that is very expensive...

for 50 to 100 bux...and some self determination and effort...you will be able to completly change your whole interior...front to back...with the vht products...

vht is also the maker of nightshadez...and that stuff penetrates into hard plastics...it doesnt have a problem with our spray on vinyl

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
This is salomon-01. on a different name. They said they would do from the front doors up for $350. Is that a good price or should I ask what kind of dye they are using?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts