Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called up a local shop that has a dynojet dyno and the price they quoted me was $50 for a baseline / $75 for baseline with wideband and $25 for each additional run. I was wondering what kinda prices is everyone else seeing and what is generally considered a good price - either per hour or per run.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
FocusSport runs about $140/hour but that includes tuning.

$50 for a baseline is rather steep... if you're just looking to get numbers, find a dyno day... its usually $50 for 2-3 passes.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
local is a 6pack......non local is 15 a pull......normal at the shop is free......

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Austin, TX right now. Can you guys recommend a good shop and maybe shops to stay away from?

·
Registered
207 Posts
75.00 for 3 runs or 100.00 per hour including Wideband O2

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nobody here from the austin, tx area?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Looks like Corky's only about 90 minutes from Austin. If I were in Austin, I'd give BEGI a call to see if they can recommend a dyno. Hell, if I were 90 minutes from Corky's shop, I'd be calling to see if I could stop by some time to check it out!

BTW, Texas is one BIG state.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
local is a 6pack......non local is 15 a pull......normal at the shop is free......

damn he chraged me 20 for a pull

with WB

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

damn he chraged me 20 for a pull

with WB
must have been a slow day..... and still 20 is cheap

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in retrospect, it would've been a good idea to also ask for the location/name of th shop where you did this. cost alone doesn't mean much. can you guys post that as well plz?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found a shop in Austin with a Dynojet - Colvin Automotive.
No AFR: $54 baseline + $15 per run.
AFR: $75 baseline + $25 per run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts