Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen a graph that was similiar in appearance, but can't find it. I was wondering if anyone knows the possible reason for the graph not being smooth. My mods are FS race header, Magnaflow cat back, Iceman, and Unorthodox UDP.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
The Dyno software smoothes the curves... Thats prbly why it doesnt look like most others, they didnt do it

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't think that's what it is. I think it might be his spark plugs? I dunno but something's definately funny there. Here's an overlay I did of my dyno and Ben's dyno. We both did them on the same day, on the same dyno. I have comperable mods minus the race header and exhaust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Both cars were in 4th gear.. done not 15 minutes apart from each other... on the same dyno, by the same driver. Using the same spark plug wires (focussport).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Where did the shop connect the inductive spark lead to sense your engines RPM? Choppiness like that could be a result of poor ignition pickup for the dyno, maybe there wasn't a good clean ground or possibly their could be a problem with your plug wires.

[ 03-24-2003, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: ModifyYourFocus ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
thats fine, you have to go into the smoothing effect part of the software, and you can slide(dynojet) it from 1-5, 5 being the smoothest

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i got a dyno chart like that. 4 runs. one run was not finished 2 where chopy like the one showen. the other was smooth but it was in 2nd. the car down shifted.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Originally posted by 1turbofocus:
Black did you do your run in 4th

Four did you do your run in 3rd

Tom
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">On the video you 2 posted .. Unless im mistaken.. Its seems like bens car was dyno'd in 3rd.. ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts