Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno results, Crower Stage II\'s

Finally got my dyno done after the stage II cam shafts put in. Got HP of 146.1 and max torque 133.2

Besides the cams, have stock internals and head, no chip, ported stock TB, AF/X UDP, Volant CAI, Fidanza cam gears, Edelbrock High-Flow headers, race pipe w/O2 cheater, Bosal flex, and Magnaflow exhaust.

Will post chart soon.

[ 02-23-2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: 1BadEgg ]

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Re: Dyno results, Crower Stage II\'s

Is that tuned or just dropped in?

Your torque should be up closer to the 140's.

Good hp, but that tq is looking measly, with tuning it could much better.

- Drew

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

We had put in the cams and gears, then had the dyno shop do the tuning. Crowers are not known for high torque in the Foci, have to sacrifice some of that with them, but they pull like hell over 3000 rpms. That is what I was looking for. Still plan on putting a delta chip in next week and a NX Wet kit. Spring can't come fast enough.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Not earth shattering, but I am happy with it. Just gives an idea what mods above chart out at.
~Peace~

·
Registered
29 Posts

That seems like very respectable power numbers. Nice job
!!!

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

I know whta ya mean - But people with very similar mods to you, with 1 or 2 other mods have hit 140+ on each, and a nice flat low end.

For example, this is FC's 'Draggin Wagon' - Kickass Torque Curve!

- Drew

·
Registered
3,022 Posts

Originally posted by focusownerskid:
I know whta ya mean - But people with very similar mods to you, with 1 or 2 other mods have hit 140+ on each, and a nice flat low end.

For example, this is FC's 'Draggin Wagon' - Kickass Torque Curve!

- Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That is pretty impressive for no head work. These are the Stage II Crowers, correct?

Question that has been asked millions of times..but I'm going to ask it again just for the hell of it:

Installing the crower cams involves no shimming, it is just a "drop in" procedure, right? What is the retail price on these cams?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Originally posted by vme:
Nice numbers, don't pay attention to any armchair dynojocks, pulling out dynosheets out of their hoo-haas.

Milan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah I know - I can't stand it when people give examples of the possibilities!

- Drew

·
Registered
390 Posts

i wanna run ya RON...and take a little ride in that egg of yours, hehe...congrats

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

QPhocusZX3
TEAM Member
Member # 163

----------------------------------------------
QUOTE]That is pretty impressive for no head work. These are the Stage II Crowers, correct?

Question that has been asked millions of times..but I'm going to ask it again just for the hell of it:

Installing the crower cams involves no shimming, it is just a "drop in" procedure, right? What is the retail price on these cams?[/QB][/QUOTE]
-------------------------------------------------
Yes, they were Crower Stage II's and we did not have to do any extra shimming, etc. As long as you take your time, and follow the instructions of bolt removal order to take out, line up properly with new cams using the alignment bar/tool, and follow the specific tightning order/torque proceedures, you will be good. Spankenstein taught me a lot about this. My idle is fine, and as mentioned earlier, tuning is the key. Most places are charging around 380 or so for a pair, but get ahold of a member called FocusBoy, and he may be able to hook you up with a good price.

[ 02-23-2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: 1BadEgg ]

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Originally posted by focusownerskid:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by vme:
Nice numbers, don't pay attention to any armchair dynojocks, pulling out dynosheets out of their hoo-haas.

Milan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah I know - I can't stand it when people give examples of the possibilities!

- Drew
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not sure if you are talking of me Drew, I had shown a valid dyno and parts that got me there. Not thin skinned, but want to make sure the vapor coming out of your rectal area is not directed my way.

[ 02-23-2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: 1BadEgg ]

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Originally posted by allstretchedout:
i wanna run ya RON...and take a little ride in that egg of yours, hehe...congrats
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Spring is coming, should make it out to KC more often then to see you guys. Thanks and ~Peace~

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Originally posted by 1BadEgg:
Not sure if you are talking of me Drew, I had shown a valid dyno and parts that got me there. Not thin skinned, but want to make sure the vapor coming out of your rectal area is not directed my way.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

No, not directed at you at all.

- Drew

·
Registered
112 Posts

how many dyno runs did they do to get you there? or how much did they charge to tune you to where you are? i really like the look of that graph though.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Milan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts