Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today we did some dyno tuning, and we came out with numbers of 140whp and 137ft/lbs torque, that was with the stock cams and i will be getting my crower stage 2's monday and they will go in and i will retune next week.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Steven I don't even want to post the absolutely PATHETIC numbers I got today - 126.5 whp
<Shaking head in shame>
All today consisted of was me shelling out $120 to find out we did a not so great job installing my cams. Next week this problem will be resolved - we will find absolute TDC.
These bad numbers are not the result of bad parts of anything, the car kept getting better and better, its just that we ran out of room to literally move the cam gears. Which equates to NOT TDC

P.S. The car made 89whp at what we thought TDC was
I don't need comments, I'm already in a bad mood...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Rick... i'll let ya borrow my "bag" next time

Steven... we'll get those stg 2's in monday and see what happens come your re-tuning on tuesday
you still pull hard as is! (even with that 500000lb tool chest in your back seat!)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yeah today was a very hot day but it was sweet to have a little g2g like that to get our cars dyno

--------------------------------------------
2002 Silver ZX3 Automatic
Mods: FC Pulleys, FC C.A.I., MBRP Cat-back Exhaust, FR 9mm Spark Plug Wires, NGK Double Plat Spark Plugs.
Dyno Results: 111.7 whp 114.3 lbs. Torque

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rick... i'll let ya borrow my "bag" next time

Yeah, you can show him how to hook it up through his cigarette lighter!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I was more then surpised with my results:
Peaked at about 5500rpm
135.2 Max Power
137.2 Max Torque
It dropped down to 125 at fuel cut off (damm stock cams!)
If i had a scanner i would post the sheet.

My mods are: 2000 ported manifold, 65mm TB, FS Stealth exhaust, FC race header, esslinger UDP, volant intake

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I broke that mod when i was drying my car, guess i shouldnt have cranked it on so tight. Yea the manifold had to make a differance, butt dyno said yea so does the real dyno.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The base broke off. The antenna was fine. Brian has it now lol. Put the MX antenna in place of the factory base.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Would cams gears help me out any? Would they move the power band further up the RPM range? I dont want to lose TO much torque and low end grunt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts