Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the engine mods so far:
jba header, fc offroad pipe, fs silent exhaust, fs udp, kent cam gears, fs cool flo + iceman combo, diablo chip, fc ported intake manifold, fc throttle body, z-eng motor mount, HEAVY wheels

I wanted it tuned for the street to keep my nice torque #'s

I don't think there's anything else i can do to stay n/a besides head, cams & maf...

Because i have the motor mount, i had FS put a custom program on my chip to raise my idle to 900 instead of the usual 750. This has always been great except now that my gears have been tuned my car wants to idle at 1800 a lot (but not all the time). I'm pretty sure this doesn't have anything to do w/ the tuning but am wondering if it's my throttle body acting up, sticking, etc. Or perhaps i just need to unplug the battery and force it to relearn??

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
it might be your tb sticking, but reset the ecu first and see if that helps,my idle was running low,so i reset the ecu and now it idles fine!

[ 08-27-2002: Message edited by: all2envyZx3 ]</p>

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
those are some nice numbers!! But I am sure with a Set of Crower Stage 2 cams.. you could easily hit 145WHP with the tuning of the gears

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey buddy, that's a pretty nice graph ya got there!
We'll have to see how i do in a couple of months.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chris F:
Nice graph.

Cams are your next mod and should net you another 15whp or so.
<hr></blockquote>

ummm no...seems u need some more air or more tuning...u should be seeing a good 135-137 with maf

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KicknZX3:

ummm no...seems u need some more air or more tuning...u should be seeing a good 135-137 with maf
<hr></blockquote>

Ummm yes.. camshafts will add another 10-15WHP..

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
...okie dokie...never seen those numbers on a dyno from cams...but hell..why would i know anything

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
also...so if i'm running 140fwhp with bolt ons...and i throw in cams...i can get 155fwhp...damn...same as what these guys r getting with headpacks...so ur saying the head work gives 0-5hp?...interesting..

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KicknZX3:
...okie dokie...never seen those numbers on a dyno from cams...but hell..why would i know anything<hr></blockquote>

you want one that gave 10whp gain look at CasperSE's Dyno...he netted 11whp with crower stage II cams...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
focus...but look at the tq...if we wanted to get 12 hp we could just from cam gear settings...but why do that...also was if dyno'd untuned the first time round?...ok ok...so u can get...i understand that from tuning the gears...but jeez...130 ft lb...i had that with just intake, tb and exhaust....ah i'm done sleep time

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
focus...but look at the tq...if we wanted to get 12 hp we could just from cam gear settings...but why do that...also was if dyno'd untuned the first time round?...ok ok...so u can get...i understand that from tuning the gears...but jeez...130 ft lb...i had that with just intake, tb and exhaust....ah i'm done sleep time<hr></blockquote>

once you do cams and no head work you will unlikely see past 140ft lbs tq...the ppl who put out high tq dont have cams...also they dont have power above 6000RPM...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the input. For right now i was debating between going w/ the maf or ditching the jba/Offroad pipe for a race header. Not quite sure which one would be better but i need to save the headwork/fi until after my debt is payed off.

·
Registered
830 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:

once you do cams and no head work you will unlikely see past 140ft lbs tq...the ppl who put out high tq dont have cams...also they dont have power above 6000RPM...
<hr></blockquote>

I have 140ft lbs tq and lot of power way high in rpms. ??? oh, and I have race headers cams, and no head work...

but maybe 140 is not high for you? It please me tought...
maybe it all depend on the cams you have? the way you adjust them also. I way very far retard on the exaust to get the TQ back then tune the intake retard to bring hp back up. it work realy well for me. I have GUDE cams.

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: french_connection ]

[ 08-28-2002: Message edited by: french_connection ]</p>

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
So how loud is your car with that quiet muffler when yo have the off-road pipe in there? Just wondering cause my car is freaking loud when i have my installed. Just need a quick describtion.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the sound is amazing! It's a real nice growl but SO much quieter than before i switched to the new exhaust. I think it may even be as quiet or a little quieter than my old Borla w/ the cat.

·
Registered
441 Posts
WOW that is just a little less than mine off the bottle, now get a little juice and bring that baby over 200WHP

[ 08-30-2002: Message edited by: Zx3sith ]</p>

·
Registered
309 Posts
WTF I have more bolt ons that he has and only got to 123whp and 120 wtq what is wrong with my car. I've dyno tuned it several times and checked the timing a few times, what could it be?

Miguel
(

·
Registered
309 Posts
El BUMPO

1 - 20 of 22 Posts