Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a dyno at the Capital Invasion. It looked like a mustang dyno. My results were the same as Tapp Auto mustang dyno. 187 whp. I am going to a Dynojet in October.

What was really interesting was the top speed run we did. At 7250 or whatever my fuel cut is at the Dyno showed 172 mph!!! I guess there's no speed limiter.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Wow. Why do those dynos differ so much? Arent the JR claims around 200?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Mustang dyno's aren't very reliable compared to a dynojet if you're looking for "real" output numbers .

·
Registered
426 Posts
Mustang dyno's aren't very reliable compared to a dynojet if you're looking for "real" output numbers .
I would think a Mustang dyno would be closer to real world numbers as it actually puts a load on the car, like in real life.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My last Dyno using a dynojet showed 197whp. That was with CAI and JRSC.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you can tune the computer on a dynojet to get 20hp on the graph do you want a dyno that can do the or do you want real numbers!!!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Whats real? Dyno numbers that are corrected for different variables, or dyno numbers that are lowered or highered due to the enviroment the car happens to be in. Its really objective if you ask me. You go down the track or street at the same acceleration no matter where your car was dynoed at. So, is it fair to say that the original post of 187 would have been higher on a dynojet? What kind of dynos do the big boys use to tune? Big boys I mean Nascar type of stuff.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hey Bluetoy, what mods do you have again besides the JRSC?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a cone filter on my MAF and that's it.

As for mustang dyno vs Dynojet. It doesn't matter. If you use the same dyno each time it will give you accurate readings of your mods. If you want to brag us a dynojet. The original intent of this post was to let everyone know that the SVT Focus can do 172 mph.... In a Vacuum
I had already posted my dyno numbers a few months ago. They were at 188 hp. Which I find to be about right for mustang dyno numbers. I'll be on a dynojet in October so we'll see.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Do you feel you got your moneys worth $2750 plus install or 10 hours of your life

40WHP gain $3000
Dont get me wrong, if I had the spare money around........... I'd like the extra HP

Then next is a Clutch, flywheel, and LSD . The neon 230whp $20,000

What is Fords next late idea........ turbo with 200whp for $24,000

I like my car and love the handeling. A friends just got a 97 Viper, 11,000 miles for $50,000. That thing is so quick it's stupid

Mmmmmmmm power
Ford focus...... Zzzzzzz 400whp Zzzzzzzzzzz All wheel drive Zzzzzzz Opps sorry
I fell a sleep, I had a cool DREAM tho.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
you can tune the computer on a dynojet to get 20hp on the graph do you want a dyno that can do the or do you want real numbers!!!
Well, 8 hours before the JRSC install, which they did not sell me the supercharger or install it, I dyno'd @ 147 whp, after the install 197 whp 3rd gear 7000 rpm. These guys are friends of mine and totally independent of any sales gain or hp hype. Whatever the dynojet was tuned at I gained 50 whp! Well worth the money and time. Personally I think it was low.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Well, 8 hours before the JRSC install, which they did not sell me the supercharger or install it, I dyno'd @ 147 whp, after the install 197 whp 3rd gear 7000 rpm. These guys are friends of mine and totally independent of any sales gain or hp hype. Whatever the dynojet was tuned at I gained 50 whp! Well worth the money and time. Personally I think it was low.
So you dynoed 197 on a dynojet with the mods in you sig?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you feel you got your moneys worth $2750 plus install or 10 hours of your life

40WHP gain $3000
Dont get me wrong, if I had the spare money around........... I'd like the extra HP

Then next is a Clutch, flywheel, and LSD . The neon 230whp $20,000

What is Fords next late idea........ turbo with 200whp for $24,000
40 hp?? No one has dynoed on a mustang dyno in stock trim. I'd bet it's not 147whp... probably more like 140 or less. I got my money's worth and I don't need a clutch or flywheel or lsd, an I'd NEVER buy a POS dodge even if it was 5 grand...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just CAI and SC at that time.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Just CAI and SC at that time.
Was there any noticeable increase when you added the orp, borla, and cam gear. If you added the cam gear, didnt you have to put it on a dyno to tune it? What were the results?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some noticeable gains on the dyno, I had a hard time with the cam gear. I wasn't pleased with it. But it's too much work to take off. I retarded .02 .04 degrees and lost hp in the top end but gained slightly in the lower rpm's. I advanced it .02 and it just made the same hp as 0.0.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ORP and the Borla produced 22 whp.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
so the 22 whp is on top of the JRSC? So now you are dynoing at like 225 or so?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
so the 22 whp is on top of the JRSC? So now you are dynoing at like 225 or so?
WOW What he said! Youre at around 220 or more with the orp and borla......now I REALLY cant wait to get my JRSC installed!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
With the ORP and The Exhaust, how loud is it, im wanting to do the same thing but I dont want the SC to be known, Like a sleeper ya know!!??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts