395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
122whp 114wtq

Mods
Crower stage 2
STR cam gears
FC UDP
JBA shorty header

Did 20 pulls in about 70 degree weather w/ no fan. How do those numbers look? Do you think it made a difference that we didnt use one of those big fans?

Not sure what I want to do next. I know I should do the exhaust, but I actually like having the stock exhaust...I like how quiet it is and people under estimate the car.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Damn - Cams before an Intake and exhaust!

With the mods you have now, if you throw in a Volant and a Bosal(or similar) - You will see kickarse gains!

- Drew

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
ur cat isnt long 4 this world if u leave it in there.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't know about that. I've had the FS street header on my car with the Crower Stage IIs for about 6 months now and have suffered no ill effects.

·
Registered
18 Posts
dude don't take this the wrong way but you should be seeing a lot better numbers with those mods on your car. i only have aem cai and str cam gears and i am hitting 119 whp and 120 torque but then my spark plug wires took a dump and i now for a fact that i could have gotten more out of the cam gears with more tuning.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I disagree... he doesn't have an intake... so he's restricting the air thats getting in there to burn.

Get a CAI or Volant, definately get a hi flow cat and exhaust and you'll be over 130 easily. Cams and gears are great.. but if theres no air and no way to get the exhaust out... they're dead weight for the most part.

The fan woulnd't have helped much cuz the intake is stock. Definately run a fan when you throw on the intake... get the cooler air packed in there!

·
Registered
18 Posts
that is very true with a stock intake you not letting enough air to the motor but i don't have an exhaust on my car yet either and still making good horsepower. i am waiting to do my exhaust last cause i would rather spend my money on things for my motor first.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
you should deffinatly invest in a cai and then an exhaust system, maybe even a race header with a catco cat there are some quite systems out there you just have to look for them do a search and you should be able to find a quite exhaust system that still has a nice high flow and then maybe you'll get some other good ideas from those pages also.

·
Registered
379 Posts
you should deffinatly invest in a cai and then an exhaust system, maybe even a race header with a catco cat there are some quite systems out there you just have to look for them do a search and you should be able to find a quite exhaust system that still has a nice high flow and then maybe you'll get some other good ideas from those pages also.

I second that

·
Registered
222 Posts
you NEED some sort of intake and and exhaust. you are losing alot of power with out them, you have no air flow, you would probably be better off with a raceheader/flexpipe combo and an exhaust to give more air flow.
put it this way i dynoed the car with a AEM CAI, fs raceheader/flexpipe, fs exhaust, FC udp, and FC cam gears and got to 131 and 128 tq with out cams. now i have the crower stage 2 buthavent dynoed them yet.

geoff

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm definitely getting a CAI and exhaust. I just didn't want to spend all my money on my car and I wasn't sure what Intake and exhaust I wanted. I knew I wanted to get the cams, so that's why I put them on before the Intake and exhaust. Those are probably going on by the end of summer.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i am going to be testing the Volant cai against the AEM cai pretty soon, with all of the mods i have(listed) if you want to know dyno #'s let me know. i find it hard to match my car against other peoples dynos so i am doing it my self. i think i am going to do it within the next month so let me know and i will email them to you so you have an idea as to what they do.

geoff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts