Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno\'d-2000 Intake Manifold

Hey all spent most of the day at the dyno..I dont have time to scan them in right now but I will post my results..

Modifications: FS Race Header, FS Flex Pipe, Bosal Exhaust,AFX UDP, FC WP pulley,Ford Racing Cam Gears, Crower Stage II cams,Iceman/FS cool flo intake,FC TB, ported early 2000 intake manifold...

I was a bit disapointed in the actual gain alone of the manifold but after tuning wooo weee!!

Previous Dyno WITH OUT the manifold was
140whp-128 ft/lbs tq

After 2000 Intake Manifold-
142.5whp-131 ft/lbs tq

Now after all the tuning of the cam gears and all that mess I hit 147whp and 138 ftlbs tq.

Im very very very happy!!!

NO CHIP, NO HEADWORK, NO Pro-Flow!!!

Just adding the pro-flow alone will net me 150whp eassyyyy!!! for the all those who doubted me that I could not obtain 150whp without a chip or without headwork...that theory was proven wrong today...

Im excited!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Re: Dyno\'d-2000 Intake Manifold

Nice numbers. Congrads, hard work does pay off.

·
Registered
591 Posts

**** YEA!!!!!!

IM COMING RIGHT BEHIND YOU BUDDY WATCH OUT NOW

VINCE GREAT NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts

who did you get the intake manifold from? or did you do it yourself? also did you put it in, if so how long did it take to install? I am looking at getting one but I dont want to port it myself and i know CTZX3 sells them.

BTW congrats on those numbers
Geoff

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Ported myself installed by me neighbor....
bought it from ford!! yaahhoooo!

·
Registered
395 Posts

Great numbers. Did Turbo Joe tune your car?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by High_Ram:
Great numbers. Did Turbo Joe tune your car?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No...the guys there at Sleeper Motorsport tuned it for mee...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts

****ing Stud

Hey Bro...great #'s
Damn i'm jealous...and way,way behind on power

For now of course!!!!
Just 2 months ago you only had 126whp and 120 lbs. of trq....way to go vince

So when am i gonna be able to see this beast of yours, i have no problem coming over the mountain to see you fool!!!Hit me up man, it's been days,mas days since we hooked up.
any ways congrats on your project bro

john-

·
Registered
224 Posts

FocusOnMyZeTec please put up a webpage explaining everything step by step. What has it cost you so far?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Originally posted by all2envyZx3:
****ing Stud

Hey Bro...great #'s
Damn i'm jealous...and way,way behind on power

For now of course!!!!
Just 2 months ago you only had 126whp and 120 lbs. of trq....way to go vince

So when am i gonna be able to see this beast of yours, i have no problem coming over the mountain to see you fool!!!Hit me up man, it's been days,mas days since we hooked up.
any ways congrats on your project bro

john-
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">almost broo almost!!! another 2 weeks or so and this thing will finally reach my goal of 150whp and then Ill have new tires too! then you can drive down and try to keep up...
j/k

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Originally posted by 225sae:
FocusOnMyZeTec please put up a webpage explaining everything step by step. What has it cost you so far?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stock Dyno:
101whp
112 lbs/ft tq

Iceman/FS cool flo, fs wires & Nasty custom bent crushed bent 2.5in exhaust:
110whp
114 lbs/ft tq

Iceman/fs cool flo,Custom exhaust,fc tb,crower stage II cams,ford racing cam gears,afx udp,fc water pump pulley,fs wires,str fuel rail:
127whp
119 lbs/ft tq

Iceman/fs cool flo,bosal exhaust,fs race header, fs flex pipe,crower stage II cams, for racing cam gears,afx udp, fc water pump pulley,fs wires, str fuel rail, autolite double platz plugs,fc tb:
140whp
128 lbs ft tq

Iceman/fs cool flo,bosal exhaust,fs race header, fs flex pipe,crower stage II cams, for racing cam gears,afx udp, fc water pump pulley,fs wires, str fuel rail, autolite double platz plugs,fc tb,early 2000 intake manifold,dyno tuned for max power:
147whp
138 lbs/ft tq

Prices (that I paid for)

Iceman: $180
fs cool flo:$100
bosal exhaust:$270
afx udp:$75
fc tb:$200
fc water pump pulley:$40
fs wires:$45
fs race header & flex pipe:$425
ford racing cam gears:$100
str fuel rail:$free
crower stage II cams:$300
autolite double platz:$20

total:$1755 including shipping

total $2,000 after install labors on misc parts and dyno tuning time.

so about $2,500 can net you safely 150whp and 140 lbs/ft tq + not to shabby!!! still cheaper than the JRSC and Im even putting out more power on dynos that ive seen as well as more tq!

·
Registered
598 Posts

Thats awesome news Man!!!!! Great JOB!!!!

I'm gonna have just about the exact same mods as you in a week and Im dynoing in 2weeks. So 150 here I come!!!!

The only thing differnt is the torque numbers. I dynoed at 132hp and 138tq with a Volant, udp, FC headers, bosal flex and exhaust and a chip. Also i have a 2000 manifold (unported)

Now, do you think that because of your FS headers your getting less torque or is the way you tune your cam gears. Ive seen alot of dyno's with just as much torque than HP. Is that just the way you like it???? Have you tryed differnet cam gear settings with any succes?

Any way great #'s and hopefully by the end of the Month I'll be right there with you!!!!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts

Sweet numbers!!! real nice. very impressive.

What's the power curve like??

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Originally posted by MalibuBlueZx3:
Thats awesome news Man!!!!! Great JOB!!!!

I'm gonna have just about the exact same mods as you in a week and Im dynoing in 2weeks. So 150 here I come!!!!

The only thing differnt is the torque numbers. I dynoed at 132hp and 138tq with a Volant, udp, FC headers, bosal flex and exhaust and a chip. Also i have a 2000 manifold (unported)

Now, do you think that because of your FS headers your getting less torque or is the way you tune your cam gears. Ive seen alot of dyno's with just as much torque than HP. Is that just the way you like it???? Have you tryed differnet cam gear settings with any succes?

Any way great #'s and hopefully by the end of the Month I'll be right there with you!!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No its none of that..Its the CAMS...Once you put in crower cams it will take away some tq! but OMG they pull so hard up top its worth it! I mean you lose like below 3000RPM where..if you think about it..who is really below that often?? ohh yess I love this setup! nice low end as well as high end..power drops off at about 6400RPM so no need for a chip....

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Originally posted by Focused:
Sweet numbers!!! real nice. very impressive.

What's the power curve like??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Its very very nice! No odd dips or nothing drastic of the sort it shoot striaght up untill it hits about 6400RPM then it gradually lets off the power..

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

Very impressive. I can't wait to see what I get after tuning my crane stage II's. I have just about all the other mods you have including a chip. Damn that gets me excited.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts