Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno\'d Cam Settings?

Having problems with Crower II's. Dyno was closed today, so I must wait til monday. Car idles fine, but won't accelerate without some pretty serious chug-chuggin. I played with camgear timings all day and can't find the magic spot. Some seemed better than others, but I couldn't feel it well enough thru my butt-dyno. Just curious where everyone else's ended up? I know they're all different, but I'm curious to see if there's a pattern so I know what to try next. I'm back at 0/0 for now just to get my around town slowly. All help greatly appreciated, I'm dyin without my baby. Thanks

Oh yeah, I've been reading here for nearly a year, just now getting around to posting...so I guess I'm new, I just don't feel like it. Later doods

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Re: Dyno\'d Cam Settings?

You probably didnt install them correctly. Are you sure you were at Top Dead Center on the first cylinder?

·
Registered
389 Posts

Originally posted by Carizme:
You probably didnt install them correctly.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree 100% with that.

I have Crower Stage II cams and they ran fine at 0,0. After Dyno tuning I ended up with +2,-4. Those numbers don't mean anything for your situation it's just to show how little they move if you're close to start with.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was at tdc, but I had help with that part, so I may go back and try that again. It seems to me that most folks end up with a spread from intake to exhaust like retard on intake and advance on exhaust, or at least never closer together. I think this is to spread em out to get rid of some of the overlap? Thanks for the advice, I'll go check it again today. Later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts