Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
we just had a G2G today in Lansing michigan, while we were waiting to order our food I brought up that intake. the basic consensus was that they are (from what we've read) exact duplicates of the AEM intake. (correct me if you know otherwise) In fact I'm toying with the idea of buying one. at a third of the cost of a true AEM. it's worth a shot

·
Registered
490 Posts
i think that buying one is a good idea. a tube is a tube. aem or not. what could be different.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I may get one and put in a AEM bypass.It has to be better than stock even if it doesn't come with the AEM decal.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by Indish:
there is the spot where the Bypass goes in.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">you need to cut the intake after to the right of the maf in order to put the bypass. the intake is in 2 pieces for ease of install. the bypass is, also, totally and completely useless. i say go for the brandless one. if you'd like a more aem style intake, i'll sell you a decal from mine for $5. haha.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's the same intake as the AEM. All of the newer AEM CAI's for the Focus Zetec are of a 2 piece design. I'd spend $80 on it as long as you could live with out the AEM sticker, and the Carb stickers.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well, I just said screw it and bought it, in order to check it out. It is made of the same grade aluminum (6061) as the AEM, however this is a 2 piece model (where I think the AEM long tube CAI is a single piece). We'll see, but for 89.95 total, I figured what the hell. I will be using a different filter most likely as I imagine the one included will suck.

[ 11-17-2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
55 Posts
all full length CAI's for the Focus are two piece. I know the AEM is for sure because there is the spot where the Bypass goes in.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I was looking at this too. I asked if it would fit an auto and they said yes. I beleive it is a copy of the new AEM that fits both auto and 5 speed.

---Herb---

1 - 11 of 11 Posts