Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to popular demand and many E-Mails and the question being asked over and over with no answers here is the part number for the early 2000 intake manifold that you take to your ford parts dealer...

Early 2000 Intake Manifold:
YS4Z9424CA

Enjoy!

·
Registered
232 Posts
this shows up as a 2.0L ford escape intake manifold when i looked it up. Is this right?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
How much are these running from Ford Parts if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
And do FocusOnMyZetec, thanks for your help. I'm sure everyone, including myself, appreciates it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you very much
Very appreciated!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The description??who the hell knows about that..All I know is this is the exact same part number which I ordered my intake manifold and it was the early model..it is the right one..and it works beautiful...
the price I paid at my local dealer was $180

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks Vince for the info. Here is the info. from www.fordpartsonline.com :
YS4Z9424CA

Part Name:
Fuel System, Fuel Induction, Intake, Intake Manifold, Escape, 2.0L

Price
$124.85

[ 11-04-2002, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: zetecinside ]

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am in Canada as well and the scrap yards use a different number for some reason. I went to the dealership today and the number that was given by Focusonmyzetec is correct.

I hope that helps....

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by SYMBIOTIX:
Would part # WS4Z9424CA be the same as YS4Z9424CA ??? Also note Im in Canada.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nnoooo! Very important that you get the one that says YS4Z9424CA because the one that says WS is not the early 2000 intake mani but the one the comes on the 2001,2002,2003....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well there pulling it from the car, and holding it for me to look at. Seems odd but perhaps he was just looking up the 2002 # cuz I told him I drive a 2002. I know the car its coming from is a 2000.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well there pulling it from the car, and holding it for me to look at. Seems odd but perhaps he was just looking up the 2002 # cuz I told him I drive a 2002. I know the car its coming from is a 2000.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes but remember even thoug its a 2000 car doesnt mean its the early style manifold...The crappier design was later added onto the 2000 cars..but the earlier ones ( forget the date they turned over) is the one you want..but it was in 1999...you can tell right away just by seeing the 1.8/2.0 sign on the mani to tell if its the right one...

·
Registered
357 Posts
No intake manifold installation write up, but it really is straightforward.

Took me 2.5hrs, start to finish ( checking everything! ). I am certainly no mechanic.

Ratchets with extensions make it easy. It's all done from above, so no crawling necessary.

One point to remember - there is direct access ( using ratchet/extension ) for each and every bolt holding the manifold to the head - just keep looking!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have that on my ZX3 as mine was built in 1999. Yes I even have the magnesium valve cover. One of the few that has this. Hehehehehe.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I used to have an older model one, its silver in color and its one piece. The new model ones are 2 piece manifolds and they are black as near as I can tell. You should be able to tell the difference by just looking at it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts