Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knows where I can intercept the cable that activates the Zetec and connect it to an MSD activator switch so I can activate it at lower RPM? At what RPM does it activate normally? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There is no variability with cam/valve timing on the Zetec motors in anything but the SVT/ZX2.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sigh....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you guys sure? My brother was able to install an activator switch on his Honda Civic. I'm sure you can do it if you find a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Civic has VTEC which I'm sure you COULD turn on early, however the Zetec is just an engine name and has nothing to do with variable cam timing.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
I'm sure its possible if you did a B16 (or insert an appropiate VTEC engine code) swap first.

The only varible cam timing the Focus has is on the SVT, and thats only on the intake cam, and it is nothing like VTEC. It just advances and retards the timing.

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Originally posted by beefy:
Are you guys sure? My brother was able to install an activator switch on his Honda Civic. I'm sure you can do it if you find a wiring diagram.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you kidding me!!??

A honda civic has VTEC which basically is a cam with two sets of lobes per valve...when a certain RPM is reached the computer switches the cam to the bigger lobe where the civic makes all its horsepower.

ZETEC IS JUST A NAME DOOD!!
Its a family of 4 cylinder engines!!
It means nothing and does not do what your brothers civic can do....except it makes ALOT more torque!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Im pretty sure this person is playing around no one can be that slow....

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Originally posted by buzzbomb:
I like to go out at 4 a.m. and activate my Zetec REALLY early
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Damn this was my next Post Whore Idea, beefy beat me to it

ZEEETTTTEEEECCCCCCCCCCCC ONWWZ JU00000 asss

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Originally posted by RiTzBiTz:
Im pretty sure this person is playing around no one can be that slow....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i dunno dude, i hope so. if not...

Nate

·
Registered
333 Posts
don't be so quick to dis honda. there's a honda guy who posts on our boards all the time. we had a meet & he took me for a ride. i was extremely impressed. it was the 1.6, had i/h/e & cam gears. let me tell you, this car screamed. after that, i had a new respect for honda's.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by beefy:
I was wondering if anybody knows where I can intercept the cable that activates the Zetec and connect it to an MSD activator switch so I can activate it at lower RPM? At what RPM does it activate normally? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have a switch mounted on the right side of my steering wheel that activates my Zetec. I can turn mine on at zero RPM, but it makes a weird noise at 800 rpm and above.

Gee, what's wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.