Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
That looks like the one from an earlier thread. Try searching ebay Header. I think the brand is OBX which most people on this board suggest staying away from. The only brand of shorty getting any positive feedback seems to be the JBA, the OBX and Pacesetter seem to have issues.

·
Registered
316 Posts
it looks pretty nice how much is it.... usually they say that ebay sells crap i have had no problems with the stuff they have sold but i would take caution on a part like a header get a warranty see what other known headers sell for and make your evaluation then if you get it good luck bro if not then there will be others....

·
Registered
786 Posts
It is an OBX header.

I helped a friend install one of those this weekend on his sedan, and when all was said and done, there was an exhaust least from one of the welds. He got it from this same person on ebay.

So, needless to say, he's got to take it off and send it back and repeat the install process yet again.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Yuck I dont see how those nasty welds would seal up good againt the header gasket going on to the head. I wouldnt bother with this thing. Its shiny though. Wonder how crome plating holds up to high temps.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
the welds where the header bolts to the head are absolutely beautiful! they must have taken whatever six year old that made them like 9... maybe 10 seconds!

looks like a pos. i doubt that it would hold up for very long for a few reasons:
1. chrome doesn't last long, so the shine would be gone in days if not sooner.
2. it doesn't say what kind of steel other than "high end" steel.
3. no vibration bracket. if it doesn't leak from the welds or the crappy steel it will leak from the cracks that will open up from vibrations. if you don't believe me do a search for the first generation shorty headers from jba or focus sport.
4. hugh bore = quality anyone who says that needs a punch in the mouth.

Nate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts