Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First yes I have searched, but I'm looking for fresh info and possible post install reviews.

Wondering if anyone has used the Stone Mountain Racing short headers or the Bomz cam sprockets? I'm usually a believer in 'ya get what ya pay for' but one can always hope that sometimes maybe a good deal is just that: a good deal.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
personally i would trust neither.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
I'm hesitant to pay so little for the cam gears.... but I know STR's are a lil on the less expensive side, and have heard no complaints... so I dunno.

the Ebay Intake seems to be OK with a couple minor mods to increase its durability... as for the shifter... well I've heard of $100 shifters breaking... so wouldn't surprise me if those did too.

if it comes down to it, sometimes you can get such a good deal that when it doesn't work, its no big deal, so you don't care!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have bought several ebay items. The CAI is excellent. $50 for it and when I pop the hood people dont believe that is all I paid. It looks no different than the $200+ brand name intakes.

Im going to try the Bomz gears unless someone can show me why they are inferior.

Its seems like its all about brand name and high dollar.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Im going to try the Bomz gears unless someone can show me why they are inferior.
Personally I wouldn't trust an internal part like that that controls how the engine operates to BOMZ. Scary stuff...here's why they're inferior. They use only a 3 bolt design which generates less holding ability unless you've got really high quality fasteners (like AEM). Here's an article about cam gears, and how we seperate the weak from the obsolete.
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/insidetechnology/0208scc_insidetechnology01a/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts