Ford Focus Forum banner

Ebay WTF

863 Views 20 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  David Anderson
Spotted this the other day and noticed a couple things missing! Mach Edition

I e-mailed him and he told me the headlights were removed and put on another focus, and the sub and amps were stolen out of the trunk. Two major components of the MACH edition missing yet he doesn't even let you know. Misleading ad at best.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
That would take a while to steal the sub and amp from the trunk... lol.

Still got the seats and badging.
But yeah the headlights and stereo system is what made that car a Mach.
See less See more
I thought the Mach edition only came in that Mandarin Copper color? That thing looks like liquid grey to me. I think it's just someone who bought some Mach edition parts, stuck them in his normal ZTS and is trying to sell it as a Mach edition.
I thought the Mach edition only came in that Mandarin Copper color?
Check the Statement car forum. It came in three colors - silver, grey, orange.

>8^)
ER
There is no way that car is an actual MACH! It may have *some* of the parts, but the MACH edition also had the accompanying badge on the trunklid.

What is has: Different grill (looks to be mach)
Different seats (mach seats)
Different radio/bezel (mach)

What it does not have: lights
amps/sub
badging

A scam either way you look at it.
Trust me that is a MACH, the MACH did not have the badge on the trunk lid. As explained above, the headlights were put on a different car and the sub/amps were stolen.

You're probably going off of my car... I put a MACH badge on it after removing the ZTS.

The car does have the badging on the side under the mirrors.

6000 made, I've seen 19 wrecked.
That looks real to me.

There just isn't any reason for someone to try to build a "mock-MACH." Think about it: the badges, grill, radio, seats, chrom exhaust tip, and radio bezel are all correct MACH parts. The two big sell-ups of the MACH were the stereo and headlights which he could have totally sold for some extra cash. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than thinking someone would try to build a fake MACH edition...

Nate
dont machs also have polished wheels?
Good catch... yes, it should have had machined wheels.
...if he painted over the clearcoat with silver, perhaps.

I've owned both the machined and the painted 6-spoke 16s.
Might be a bad pic, but they look just like mine to me...
See less See more
But why sell the lights and stereo? I mean, that's like selling an SVTF without its wheels or its front clip. It just seems really stupid to me.
Okay... re-read the auction... the sub and amps got stolen. The headlights he put on his other Focus.
He didn't say that in his auction. So my bad. Some poor guy is gonna end up buying this and finding out later what is missing. That, my friend, is where I see the scam. The seller should have clearly stated that in his auction, along with the accident already mentioned.
^^^ Oops. I didn't see the q&a at the bottom. My bad.
But why sell the lights and stereo? I mean, that's like selling an SVTF without its wheels or its front clip. It just seems really stupid to me.
Because the lights will fetch an easy $500-700 and the stereo another $100-200.

I mean I understand he supposedly put the lights on another Focus and the setero was stolen, but for at least $600 you could get some nice mods... or make a car payment or two.

I'm just saying it makes some sense.

Nate
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.