Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wire on the ECU harness is the wire to be spliced when hooking up the purple wire on my Autometer Electric Air/Fuel gauge??

Also does anybody have the whole ECU pinout diagram of all the nesseccary wires to be spliced for various engine parameters??

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm almost positive that it's pin 60 on the ECU. I think that's what I tapped mine into. do a search in interior modifications for air/fuel and you can find out for sure in there. It should be a solid white wire. I just used a blue wire tap and it works perfect.

[ 02-19-2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: fastfocus1 ]

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are all the PINS numbered?? like if I look for Pin 60, its gonna have a 60 on it or something??

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Ok, I just bought the autometer 2650 a/f meter and had it installed. The installer insisted on go directly to the 02 sensor. Is this alright? The reason I ask is my meter turns on immediately, gives me 4-5 red bars for lean condition, at full throttle it gets two bars into stoich and thats all it does.
I can hardly beleive that my car never leaves a lean state.........

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by icemanZX3:
are all the PINS numbered?? like if I look for Pin 60, its gonna have a 60 on it or something??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes they're numbered. I would take a flashlight down there with you though. It's hard to see them I think it's like the 3rd row down and the count 8 over. I believe that it's the only solid white wire in there though. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by my2002svt:
Ok, I just bought the autometer 2650 a/f meter and had it installed. The installer insisted on go directly to the 02 sensor. Is this alright? The reason I ask is my meter turns on immediately, gives me 4-5 red bars for lean condition, at full throttle it gets two bars into stoich and thats all it does.
I can hardly beleive that my car never leaves a lean state.........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You're right. It's hooked up wrong. You could install it yourself though. Just run it to pin 60 on the ECU with a blue wire tap and it should read fine. It's going to bounce around a lot though. That's normal. As long as when you're at full throttle it is in lean then you're ok. I can't quite remember what the wire is to hook it up to the O2 sensor but if you use blue wire taps then it saves you the trouble of cutting anything It's also a lot safer. Just make sure that you use some electrical tape to wrap around the wires so they don't fry.

·
Registered
143 Posts
it is actually better to tap into the o2 sensor harness on the factory side. its the white wire, make sure to use the pre-cat o2 sensor. I went through all the check and recheck stuff. I even used the actuall ford book for the 2k1 zx3. Although my haynes manual is correct aswell.

At wot you have to read rich not lean.

[ 02-19-2003, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Machine ]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by Machine:
it is actually better to tap into the o2 sensor harness on the factory side. its the white wire, make sure to use the pre-cat o2 sensor. I went through all the check and recheck stuff. I even used the actuall ford book for the 2k1 zx3. Although my haynes manual is correct aswell.

At wot you have to read rich not lean.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry I meant to say rich, not lean. That would be bad if you were at full lean on WOT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts