Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there has anyone come up with a chip or piggy back for the Focus ECU with out having to go to high dollar stand alone fuel management IE: Pectal/Haltech. It seems one company can take off the speed limiter, one takes of the rev limiter, one only raises it a little. But no one can do both. There seems to be some major aftermarket companies working this Superchip, Diablo, Jet, Mr chip to name a few. Does anyone know if our Euro cousins ECU's can be used by switching them out instead of chip the whole box? Like a 5 spd box or ATX box from germany or england or do they have limiters too? I mean H#LL they build a better Focus maybe they build a better ECU. I mean our US dealers switch out our ECU's for improved versions constantly.I would think that would be a nice thing race night put in UK ECU then monday morning put US version back in. Just a thought. Topping out at 108 mph and 6800 rpm before it stutters bites.

The car is a 02 ZTS/ATX

Stay focused

[ 10-29-2002, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Zetec-S ]

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just put in a chip from Reinhart Automotive. Haven't had a chance at the dyno yet, but my rev limiter is raised and my speed limit is raised. I have an auto and the shifts are very crisp. It also incorporates my 24# injectors and my 80mm Lightning MAF. Only problem so far is a little hesitation at very light throttle settings. Idle is stable and a little higher. Maybe 800-850 rpm. After the dyno plots they will reburn to correct any a/f problems and any thing else that shows up in the plot. So far, so good.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Originally posted by bill disorbo:
Are you talking about an SVTF or ZX3?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i'm pretty sure the svt doesn't have a limiter at 108 so i'd bet he's talking about a zx3 or sedan.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i dunno about the euro ECU...but i do have a diablo and it rasies your speed limiter to 140 mph and your rev limiter to 7100...this is a base model it can be custom flashed by diablo if and when you incorperate any mods that would effect your fuel map and or timing advance/retard.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I'm sure if you email Mike (The Chipguy), he can custom burn a chip for you, as long as you give him your engine specs and it'll do all that Diablo and other chips do, plus anything else you might want to spec out for him.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so far guys much appreciated. Mike "Mr.chip" how do I contact him?

Oh yeah the car is a 2002 ZTS/ATX

Thanks all

Stay focused

[ 10-29-2002, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Zetec-S ]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well, I don't think Euro and US chips are interchangable as we (Euro SportTrend's) have a lot of things different, like a return fuel system.

Euro chips have the rev and speed limiter stock, but speed limiter can be removed via official service computer and in some countries (like here in Turkey) the cars are sold with speed limiter removed...

Any other benefits of the Euro chip, I really don't know. But we also have frequent updates to the code...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts