Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
King of the Fairies
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this Header on there car and if so , would you recommend it and why? Sorry this question sounds Like a bad Mid-Term Exam Question.....Thanks

·
King of the Fairies
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also what do you think is better this one or the JBA header (note the JBA has been out longer)

·
King of the Fairies
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on I just got a call from my Buddy saying besides being out of stock everywhere due to Stupid Management people at JG only making around 1000 units only, but it will gain about 15pounds and I heard of prices anyhwere from $450 to $600 ... Dang

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've had the Edelbrock header on my car for about 6 weeks and I'd recommend it to anyone interested in a shorty header.
The build quality compared to JBA is superior and the runners are longer. Also it comes complete with a heatshield (which I didn't install because the header is so damned pretty.)
Down side is its pricey.

·
Registered
943 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TribalFocus:
I heard of prices anyhwere from $450 to $600 ... Dang <hr></blockquote>

Summit Racing. Cost is $387 with free shipping. Currently on B/O though. Edelbrock part #4748

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
For the cost of the Edelbrock ( over $500)I would get the FS or JBA.

Tim

·
King of the Fairies
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here is a picture

·
King of the Fairies
4,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
he asked 4 .02, i gave mine...dont b offended if i dont agree w/u in ur buyin strategies. we must all give our .02 thus 2 allow him 2 make his choices accordingly. watch ur mouth, u expect any1 2 take ur accounts into consideration w/words like that. i do all things in a constructive manner.

tribal, look into another exhaust solution, if its shortys u want, then do consider somethin less expensive in the event it cracx or loses its coating prematurely. i like the stock manifold b/c it keeps the shield reducin bay temps (thus keeps the stock look, helps the cred when the boys in blue inquire), doesnt crack, isnt as bad as people make a stock part out 2 b. gains seen by aftermarket shortys (even though i might buy 1, if i do it'll b the PS uncoated, they all dull or tarnish, and if it cracks, their easy 2 fix) r minimal, 2-3whp 4 most. so does that equate 2 validating 350-375 dollars? in my book no. but thats just my opinion.

mod, alter his post in a constructive manner 2 maintain the good nature of this board.

-Ult

[ 11-13-2002, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
375 Posts
You had not answered his question until I had posted I had ordered, thus you had added your drivel within minutes after me. I had mistakenly taken your reply as a shot at me and responded possibly a bit from the hip and harshly and sorry for damaging your tender cranial audio orifice. There is no way I could contribute yet as I don't have them to report performance, however will after installation.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
$375 not bad price. a little more that the FS street. MMMMMM might look into one for that price.

Tim

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
i dont take shots at any1, think egos r 2 touchy here and people fire off in anger when they werent even fired upon.

cheers.

-Ult

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I have to ask (yes, I'm a bit slow I guess). Why do people not type complete words? I see this often and for the life of me, can't understand nor read some of these posts without making a real effort.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Header is installed and very pleased with it. Great sound combined with the Bosal Flex and MagnaFlow. Instructions that come with it are basic text, but follow them and things are fine. Had to reroute the power steering line and a few hoses. The heat retardant material covered in aluminum protection sleeve for the radiator hoses work fine. Bends are a lot higher than other headers. Now I see why they give a heat shield with it. Will post pics of how it looks in the engine bay tonight or tomorrow. Bored out the TB while everything was apart. Butt dyno is happy!!

[ 12-06-2002, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: 1BadEgg ]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts